Analyst - Cash Application & Allocation
This position is responsible for handling the Cash Application and Allocation activities from payments received for Trade Receivables accounts and Intra-group Shell accounts. The account scope is for Downstream North America covering US and Canada.
In this role, the CAA Analyst will be responsible for Cash Application and Allocation, Account Reconciliation, Query Management, Management Information & Reports, Stakeholder Management. The team will work closely with Finance stakeholders (DS Controller/Business/FitB), CBC (Credit Management onshore), COC (Credit Management teams – FO), and natural teams.
The Analyst must be familiar with all aspects of Downstream cash application & allocation and understand the various issues impacting the industry. This Analyst role provides support to Downstream North America businesses, ensuring that Cash Application & Allocation of receipts from customers are processed timely and accurately. The analyst ensures proper management of the customer accounts and handling any issues arising there from. All issues are highlighted in a timely manner so that the stakeholders can take the appropriate action. The role offers opportunities for external and internal stakeholder management, issue resolution and continuous improvement.
Operating Key control C8.3.c.1. Finalize accounts classifications and status notes into SOAR relating to Cash application and allocation activities and ensure proper documentation and back-up are in place.
- Perform Cash Application and Allocation for Downstream North America geography covering US and Canada
- Maintains the responsibility for unapplied payments and lockbox bookkeeping accounts in assigned areas.
- Coordinate application and allocation details with respective teams and ensure line items are cleared and reconciled with appropriate payment
- Handle customer quires / disputes efficiently as per laid down process and escalate to right focal appropriately.
- Support Business/CBC/COC team with accurate customer data that helps reduction of Unallocated & Unapplied Cash.
- Prepare and analyze assigned Blackline reporting
- Monitor and ensure zero suspense account
- Work to deliver operational excellence and meet continuous improvement targets set
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders in Business.
- Work with credibility as a business partner
- Proactively engage with stakeholders
- Cash Application and Allocation Analysts assignments are based on property area distribution.
- Bachelor's/College Degree holder (Finance/Accounting)
- Experience in accounting processes of which minimum 3 years of experience, Cash Application and Allocation is preferred.
- GSAP, Control framework and MS Office skills set are necessary
- Accounting and Reporting (Awareness-knowledge)
- Business Partnering (Awareness-knowledge)
- Business Performance Management (Awareness-knowledge)
- Finance Input to Joint Ventures (Awareness-knowledge)
- Governance and Assurance (Awareness-knowledge)
- Financial Controls (Awareness)
- Joint Venture Accounting - Knowledge
- Business Partnering -Knowledge
- Credit Governance and Compliance – Knowledge
- Receivables Management - Knowledge
- Manual Journal Entries - Skill
- Data Analysis - Knowledge
- Project Management - Knowledge
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation - Skill
- Continuous Improvement – Knowledge
- Controls and Compliance - Skill
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.