Financial Controller | Real Estate | Contracting
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
Join us in the dynamic role of overseeing and optimizing the Finance and Accounting function. As a key player, you'll strategically plan, adeptly manage, and rigorously control financial operations within the realms of accepted accounting principles, local and international statutory standards, and our corporate finance governance framework. Your mission? Delivering timely and precise financial insights to fuel efficient cash flow management and propel the realization of Construction Services' strategic business objectives.
What you will do
- Ensure compliance of Finance policies, operating procedures, and strategy (incl. DOA).
- Contribute to financial planning based on current financial performance and anticipated commercial/operational; developments, develop and report financial trends over a strategic timescale so that organisation is aware of anticipated revenues and cash flows so that financial opportunities can be capitalised upon, and capital plans can be assimilated.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the financial function to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and comply with established policies, processes and procedures, and reporting timetable.
- Ensure the accuracy of data and adherence of the accounting system to the International and Local Accounting Standards.
- Lead the execution of month-end and year-end closing activities of the base as per corporate financial policies and procedures, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts ensuring quality and efficiency in the deliverables.
- Cash management for Construction Services in order to ensure healthy cash flow. Oversees the forecast of different budgets and actuals expenditures to determine expected surplus funds/cash flow, on periodic basis and report findings with recommendation to be used in the financial planning.
- Ensure that the development of periodical financial reports, cash flow statements etc. are in line with international, government, financial and commercial standards in order to keep the decision makers informed about the financial health of the base whilst recommending remedial action where necessary.
- Provide due support and recommendations to the Commercial department / Tendering Department as required.
Required Skills to be successful
- 5-7 years relevant experience in construction, engineering and/ or manufacturing industry.
- Ability to think holistically and understand the chain impact of financial transactions on the overall business.
- Ability to manage expectations of the various stakeholders of the group.
What equips you for the role
- Qualified Accountant i.e., CPA, ACCA, CA or other equivalent globally recognized professional qualification.
- Knowledge of ERP Financial Software is required; SAP expertise will be preferred.
Al Futtaim Construction
AFC is a locally registered and managed building and civil contractor, a wholly owned Al-Futtaim group company. We focus on providing an excellent service to our select list of key customers with whom we aim to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships. With our roots going back over 41 years, our principal activities have grown to cover a broad range of building, civil engineering, and infrastructure works.
The company’s successes have resulted in consistent turnover of over AED2 Billion with one of the largest local work forces in the industry, a testament to our core knowledge, competency and experience. We approach projects by working collaboratively with our customers and their design teams to deliver build-able, cost effective solutions using innovative techniques when required.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.