Manager - FAAS (Governance and Internal Controls) Cairo, Amman & Beirut
Manager – Financial Accounting Advisory Services
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Having the largest geographical footprint in the MENA region, EY is perfectly placed to help the multitude of government entities and businesses change their accounting standards to the latest IFRS standards. We’re looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager you will be responsible for managing and monitoring multiple engagements and teams activities and commit to deliver on time and quality in line with expectations. You will support Engagement Directors and Partners to lead business development initiatives including, but not limited to, the review of pre-engagement activities, contracting and setting-up of meetings with prospective clients. You will assist Engagement Directors in leading and implementing new services, EY methodologies and tools. Maintain a strong portfolio of clients whilst ensuring proper resource allocation and achieving the defined financial KPIs.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for this role, you must have
- Flawless communication skills in English & Arabic
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc)
- Experience of managing teams and working on approximately 2+ engagements simultaneously
- Demonstrate team mentoring skills
- Possess deep experience in the areas of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR), Corporate Governance, Board Support
- Ability to lead a team and submit deliverables in line with the agreed scope of work and clients requirements
- Bachelors in Accounting/Finance
- Must posses relevant and valid qualifications such as CIA, ACCA, CRMA, GRCP, GRCA
- At least 8 years withing a Big 4 environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.