Tax Analyst - KPMG KDN (Petaling Jaya)
Kuala Lumpur is the host to KPMG’s Delivery Network’s ASPAC Compliance Delivery Centre (‘’ACDC’’), which offers tax compliance services in ASPAC. The team is culturally diverse, comprising of many different nationalities, backgrounds and skills. ACDC offers end-to-end compliance support for clients and is powered by advanced technology and automation, robust processes and a highly skilled team of client centric professionals. Be part of this exciting journey within KPMG to support in their expansion of compliance services across the region. ACDC works closely with KPMG’s Global Tax leaders to translate business requirements into a clear global delivery strategy for delivery centre’s that supports the needs of global KPMG solutions, including but not limited to, Tax Reimagined. It also creates and operates an interoperable, seamlessly integrated network of Global Delivery Centre’s to enable globally consistent delivery.
The world of global tax compliance for large multi-nationals is rapidly changing, and KPMG is changing its delivery model to seize the opportunity. Large MNCs have consolidated their compliance operations into a handful of in-house global/regional locations supporting their hundreds of specialty services units worldwide to drive efficiencies. However, tax compliance has become heavily dependent on technology, and MNCs will need to significantly invest in technology to optimize their costs of compliance. Alternatively, they can outsource their compliance to a provider that has the global expertise and can scale its technology investment costs, while offering an efficient delivery model that optimizes integrated centralization the way MNCs have already demonstrated, while integrating it with local SMEs where appropriate.
- Assisting team leaders in managing job portfolio and related assignments related to tax compliance
- Collect, analyze, and apply technology tools to enable processing of Client's - Data against compliance requirements
- Liaise and support external and internal stakeholders
- Support centralized delivery preparation of compliance requirements across multiple services such as Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing, WHT, and other compliance filings
- Calculate and ensure related party transactions are at arm's length for the client
- Prepare & present the content of deliverables to the client
- Support Manager/SM addressing client queries
- Assist in transitioning new clients
- Become proficient with the compliance requirements and technology tools
- Other ad-hoc requests required to manage client service
- A recognized university degree or a professional qualification in Accounting / Finance / Computer Science / Data Sciences / Economics or a member of a recognized professional accounting /taxation body.
- Relevant data/ business analyst experience valued
- Must be accountable, analytical, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task and work independently.
- Must be a team player to work in a robust team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with people.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as PowerBI, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned deliverables.
- Develop/Improve IT system is a plus point.
- Fluent English language skills. Ability to converse in Mandarin, Arabic, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese or other languages is an added advantage.
Closing Date: Dec. 31, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.