About the role
We are looking to recruit an ambitious Audit Manager to join our new Cheltenham Audit team at an exciting time for the firm.
We’ve got ambitious plans to double the size of our business over the next few years. And having just expanded into the Cheltenham market we’re now seeking to grow our audit team in line with our growth plans.
Working with a broad portfolio of businesses ranging from household names to start ups, you will be looking beyond the core audit essentials and will be providing your clients with advice and management information that will really help them grow and develop.
This role will suit an Assistant Manager who is looking to step up, or an experienced Manager who is looking for a new challenge in one of the Cheltenham’s fastest growing accountancy practices.
What’s more you will be able to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people.
As part of the role, you will be given the opportunity to develop broader skills in areas such as Business Development which will aid your overall career development.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Leading, planning and delivering a broad range of Corporate, Not for Profit and Charity engagements.
- Executing assurance engagements from planning to completion for statutory and group reporting
- Coaching and developing our trainees into becoming accomplished business advisors
- Monitoring budgets and agreeing fees for each assignment
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Contributing to business development activities in the local marketplace.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- ACA/ACCA Qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a broad portfolio of audit clients
- Great People Management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build rapport with people at all levels
- A strong desire to contribute to the overall success of Bishop Fleming
Why Bishop Fleming?!
Bishop Fleming is an independent leading provider of audit, accountancy, tax, and advisory services in the UK. With a turnover of £38.4m, the firm saw growth of 15.5% per cent over the last 12 months.
From owner-managed businesses, SMEs, and large businesses; to entrepreneurs and private individuals; Bishop Fleming has a wealth of knowledge and experience in areas such as internal and external audit, corporate and personal tax, corporate finance and deals and accounting services.
Bishop Fleming is currently ranked 33 in the Accountancy Age league table and is the number one provider of audit services multi-academy trusts in the academy sector. The firm was also ranked fifth in the inaugural UK Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index.
With 8 offices spanning from the West Midlands to the South West, the firm has 43 partners and nearly 500 staff, and is a certified Great Place to Work.
Bishop Fleming is a member of Kreston Global, a global network of independent accounting firms in more than 100 countries.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact David Butler; Audit Partner or Sam Ford; Talent Acquisition Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.