Associate - Financial Risk Management
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
As part of the Financial Risk Management Team, you will help financial institutions to deal with the array of risks, which they encounter, such as credit, market, operational, liquidity risk and management of its economic capital (ICAAP). Besides that, we also provide Basel II & III related services, and offer finance and treasury management services not only to financial institutions but also to commercial corporations with substantial activities in that area.
Our team works closely with engagement teams, PwC leadership, PwC counsel, and other groups within PwC to identify and manage practice matters. You’ll play an integral role in developing policy, processes, and tools to support the assurance practice and will interact daily with engagement teams to help staff navigate the challenging and highly judgmental aspect of the audit practice.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Build valuable relationships with external clients and internal peers
- Stay abreast of innovative client insights and support the leadership team to perform business development
Skills and attributes:
- Strong educational background in a related field e.g. Accounting & Finance, Economics etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful with experience working in a team-oriented environment under fast-paced environments.
- Skilled in Excel and VBA.
Relevant experience in any of the following areas:
- Capital Management (Basel II / III, ICAAP) o Stress Testing o Model Development & Validation – (Basel II / III, ICAAP, Stress Testing)
- Risk Management implementation & review (governance, framework, policies, measurement etc.)
- Professional certifications (or currently undergoing) in FRM and CFA will be added advantage
- Familiarity with Python and R programming language will be added advantage
Up to 80%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.