Corporate Tax Product Advisory - Vice President
The position is based in the product advisory tax team of the wider EMEA Corporate Tax department, which is largely based in London. The team comprises a diverse mix of international qualified professionals, and this position seeks to complement the team. The team advises on tax risks in business transactions within the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region for a wide range of businesses including trading, investment banking, private banking, asset management, treasury and custody services.
There will be good on-the-job training in a supportive environment where a positive team approach provides the benefits of an excellent working environment and very good opportunities for technical and personal development. You will also gain exposure to multiple J.P. Morgan lines of business and products.
The role provides for an excellent opportunity to understand how a global bank like J.P. Morgan operates and the numerous products and services offered.
- Supporting the product advisory tax team in advising various lines of business on tax-related risks – this will involve:
- understanding the transactions/products of the lines of business
- developing knowledge of worldwide tax regimes applicable to these transactions/products
- communicating tax risks succinctly and clearly to non-tax colleagues
- escalating risks internally within the team as appropriate
- Working with external tax advisors, as well as partnering internally with global Corporate Tax colleagues (including colleagues covering VAT) and non-tax colleagues (such as the Business, Legal, Finance, Operations etc.)
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Must be professionally qualified
- Must have relevant experience of providing tax advice in a law or accounting firm (either currently or previously)
- Must have flexible disposition and be a good team player
- Must be capable of communicating tax issues to non-tax personnel and have an interest in learning the commercial context in which the tax advice is being given
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a commercial environment while not compromising technical or ethical standards
- Must be willing to approach new and unfamiliar issues in an analytical and logical manner
- Must speak excellent English
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Recent experience of working in and/or providing tax advice to the financial services sector
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.