MY Tax Technology Consulting - Senior / Assistant Manager
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
At Deloitte, our purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and the communities we serve.
We believe we have a responsibility to be a force for good, and WorldImpact is our portfolio of initiatives focused on making a tangible impact on society’s biggest challenges and creating a better future. We strive to advise clients on how to deliver purpose-led growth and embed more equitable, inclusive as well as sustainable business practices.
Hence, we seek talented individuals driven to excel and innovate, working together to achieve our shared goals.
We are committed to creating positive work experiences that foster a culture of respect and inclusion, where diverse perspectives are celebrated, and everyone is recognised for their contributions.
Ready to unleash your potential with us? Join the winning team now!
Work you’ll do
- Supporting clients (internal and external) seeking tax process improvement in relation to their existing processes
- Documenting key tax processes and tax requirements of clients
- Assist on large finance and tax transformations leveraging technology solutions to improve and automate the tax function
- Supporting on RFPs and client pursuits
- Collaborate with vendors and consultants to ensure successful system deployments.
- Develop and execute test plans, conduct user acceptance testing, and resolve any issues or defects.
- Design and document functional specifications, process flows, and system configurations.
- Evaluate and recommend financial software applications, tools, and technologies to meet business needs.
- Assist in the implementation and configuration of the ERPs
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We connect our purpose and shared values to identify issues as well as to make an impact that matters to our clients, people and the communities. Additionally, Senior Consultants / Assistant Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Actively seek out developmental opportunities for growth, act as strong brand ambassadors for the firm as well as share their knowledge and experience with others.
- Respect the needs of their colleagues and build up cooperative relationships.
- Understand the goals of our internal and external stakeholder to set personal priorities as well as align their teams’ work to achieve the objectives.
- Constantly challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver on tasks and take accountability for the results.
- Build productive relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence teams and other stakeholders.
- Offer insights based on a solid understanding of what makes Deloitte successful.
- Project integrity and confidence while motivating others through team collaboration as well as recognising individual strengths, differences, and contributions.
- Understand disruptive trends and promote potential opportunities for improvement.
- Possess minimum a Bachelor Degree in related disciplines such as Accounting / Economics / Tax or Professional Qualification (CPA/ACCA/MIA/MICPA) / Business Process Management with minimum 4 years of tax working experience preferably in a multinational or publicly listed corporation
- Major in Information Systems / Information Technology (High Score / Prize Winner in the same module/subject for candidates with a professional qualification) is preferred.
- US GAAP and / or IFRS tax accounting experience such as provision preparation or tax audit work
- Familiarity with a broad range of tax concepts, including in corporate tax, corporate tax provisions, and corporate income tax returns
- Experience of corporate income tax compliance processes including return preparation and payments
- Possess good organizational skills and able to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- A strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
- Although not essential, any experience in any projects relating to tax automation or ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle) configuration for tax is advantageous.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorised Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.