Audit Assistant Manager
At Price Bailey, we provide exciting opportunities for training, personal growth and career engagement. We believe in fostering happiness and fulfilment in your work, whilst supporting and inspiring you to grow. We understand that your life extends beyond the workplace, which is why our Smart Working culture promotes flexibility, allowing you to choose when and where you work, whilst still providing excellent client care.
A well-established firm of chartered accountants and business advisors, we offer a wide range of services, including auditing, accounting, tax and corporate finance. We proudly serve a diverse client base across the UK and internationally, with a strong focus on entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses that share our passion for innovation.
What do the team do?
The Corporate team predominately undertakes audit and other assurance work on behalf of our clients, however, they are also responsible for accounts preparation and tax computations too. We have audit clients across a range of sectors around the UK, from smaller not for profit organisations to entrepreneurial SME's and through to large listed groups. No job is the same and we can guarantee variety, plus the opportunity to learn from range of talented individuals, no matter your level.
In our Cambridge based Corporate team, you will get exposure to an eclectic range of organisations (some AIM listed), including those in the technology, professional services and not-for-profit sectors, to name a few. Turnovers are typically from £20m – £40m (but go up to £80m), which means jobs are usually completed within a couple of weeks.
We will also consider applications from those that would prefer to be based out of our Bishop's Stortford or Norwich office, where we also have a large Corporate team.
What will I be doing?
As a Corporate Assistant Manager you will have ownership of the following tasks:
- Planning audit engagements and leading onsite teams (80% of time)
- Preparing accounts and drafting tax computations (20% of time)
- Liaising with clients to resolve any queries, escalating more complex matters to manager / partner
- Reviewing team members' work before passing completed file to manager
- Coaching juniors and providing feedback on the quality of their work and performance
- Controlling assignment time in line with pre-determined budget
What experience do I need?
Whilst having the following experience is advantageous, we value passion and potential. If you meet the minimum criteria listed below and are eager to develop yourself, we would love to hear from you:
- A professional accounting qualification – ACA, ICAS, CA or ACCA (minimum criteria)
- Experience of planning and leading external audits (minimum criteria)
- Knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS 102
- Client facing experience
- Experience of audit software (we use Caseware) and Microsoft packages
What's on offer?
In addition to your salary, we also offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy / sell up to 5 days holiday)
- Private medical
- Contributory pension scheme
- 4x life assurance
- All employee share scheme
- 2 days paid for volunteering
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including shopping discounts
Price Bailey aspires to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their social background, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We are an equal opportunities employer and place inclusion at the heart of what we do. Our workplace is one where diversity is embraced and where everyone is empowered to be their authentic selves.