Business Analysis, AVP
SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The Portfolio Services team is a dedicated global business team working with SSC IT, client service, and the business operations teams to ensure accurate end-to-end oversight of Information Delivery to our clients within the Operational Control Framework (OCF). The team are considered to be Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on our Enterprise platform and provides support to both the Client Account Manager and Investment Operations Teams in terms of tracking and, where possible, resolving Client queries relating to the Enterprise systems. The role will interact with the Client and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the Client. The role is supporting Multiple Client Relationship and Operational Teams in multiple locations. The role will need to initiate and maintain sound working relationships not only with processing teams within IMS but also with Heads of other SSC areas, e.g. Shared Services, Fund Accounting, Custody and Relationship Management and clients.
Maintain a detailed understanding of:
- Manage the Portfolio Services team in China
- Liaise with colleagues within the Berwyn, London, China, Australia and India SSC offices and divisions globally where required for query resolution
- Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked, with pro active management to ensure timely response and resolution
- Become an SME in IBOR application, and data warehouse
- Ensure that the teams perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries
- Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
- Assist in the onboarding process of new client accounts
- Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
- Conduct special/ad-hoc reports as required
- Complete and track progress with technical Change Control (RPMS) forms for clients and multiple operational areas.
- Review and ‘sign off’ internal Change Specification Documents impacting Enterprise systems and assess client impacts
- Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
- Extensive asset management experience, including investment operations, fund accounting and portfolio valuation.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications and data mapping.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate – Strong Word and Excel skills necessary.
- Experience in writing SQL or understanding of data met modeling as plus
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.