Global Treasury / FaCT Operations - Manager
Global Treasury Operations
Demonstrates subject matter expertise in one or more responsibilities of the operation that include the execution of Global Treasury investment portfolio and/or liability management related work flows, supports Funding and Collateral Transformation products. The incumbent works independently with regard to accomplishing responsibilities, strives to provide excellent client service and supports Risk Excellence culture of State Street.
- Provide Trade Support of Asset Management and Liability Management teams of Global Treasury
- Actively participate in the Peer Repo project and implementation
- Perform static data set-up and data management
- Monitor exception reporting and provide necessary insight on resolution
- Monitor derivative and investment portfolio valuations and report on exceptions
- Investigate recon variances and provide root cause analysis
- Provide trade support and static data set up for Funding and Collateral Transformation team
- Monitor and perform collateral management functions in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- Oversees daily activities and help junior team members with subject matter expertise, trainings and understanding the core business operations
- Proposes and works to implement workflow changes, leading to improved productivity
- Work directly with the business and other Global Treasury stakeholders to provide information and/or operational solutions as needed
- Work proactively on updating job aids and procedures, making sure that team is adhering to the newly adopted processes
- Support the “Risk Excellence” culture within the business
- Work well with all GTO members and GT/GM stakeholders as demonstrated by being responsive to requests, striving for excellent client service
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of GTO responsibilities and the Fact business.
- Execute Funds & Securities Transfers for Repo/Reverse Repo activities.
- Execute collateral movements pertaining to the FaCT business.
- Perform or approve cash/GL processing.
- Take a leadership role in broader based projects as a subject matter expert.
- Responsible for KRI/Operating Metrics reporting and other overarching team related responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 10+ years of Treasury/Investment Operations experience preferred
- Fixed Income experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Demonstrates an aptitude for learning and development, proactive and self-motivated
- Demonstrates aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite – Excel, Word, Power Point
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively and analytically to solve complex problems and identify opportunities for improve existing management, process and controls.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities in accordance with timeframe and expectations
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, meet established deadlines with accuracy and a professional approach
- Detailed knowledge of primary systems used in conjunction with responsibilities