Client Service Manager, Investment Operations
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Client Service Manager (CSM) acts as the primary point of contact for one or multiple clients and internally managed client relationships. You will be responsible for servicing clients with the flexibility and commitment needed to meet their expectations. Develop and maintain relationships with assigned clients and internal Northern Trust partners to better understand the needs of the client and articulate those needs in order to collaborate on process improvements or other service enhancements.
You will be aware of changing market conditions and procedures as advised by Northern Trust management whilst being cognizant of regulatory requirements, taking steps to ensure adherence with guidance from Northern Trust management.
You will report to Manager, Client Service Investment Operations.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Interact with internal partner groups to aide in the resolution of issues and inquiries
- Develop and maintain strong technical knowledge of all systems / applications required to effectively service clients, and/or internal Northern Trust partners
- Participant on business and technology enhancement initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate operational controls in order to manage and mitigate risk to Northern Trust.
- Research, analyze and resolve complex client inquiries.
- Assist in performing cost benefit and impact analysis related to the request for new client services.
- Build working relationships with clients.
- Responsible for the delivery and continuous enhancement of GFS operations and client services.
- Serve as a point of escalation, maintain and monitor issues log, chair weekly / bi-weekly issues meeting, work to resolve client servicing issues timely.
- Ensuring Client Deliverables are met by the service streams and oversight of all data delivery files.
- Responsible for creating and reporting on client satisfaction.
- Schedule and conduct Monthly Service Reviews, Due Diligence meetings, and other client meetings as required.
- Responsible for creating and executing a Client Service Team Operating & Action Plan that seeks to improve service quality, operating efficiency and team effectiveness.
- Build relationships with Relationship Managers (RMs), Shared Service Managers and NT support groups.
- Responsible for obtaining in-depth knowledge and understanding of GFS products and services and how they are manufactured and delivered.
- Ensure internal and client issues are communicated and escalated in a timely manner.
- Create and negotiate the Service Level Agreement (SLA), measure delivery of services against SLA, take corrective actions where needed to address service deficiencies.
The successful candidate will be benefit from having:
- Possess a willingness to jump into the data, understand it, and use it to clarify queries
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Be able to operate with independence with a desire to hunt out solutions to problems, and be able to discuss this with the client
- Core Asset Management/Custody knowledge with experience in Investment Operations Outsourcing preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with global partners and complex clients.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.