Global Transitions, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
State Street IMS is a division of State Street Global Service providing operations and middle office services to various investment managers. The IMS Transitions team provides client service and operational support for all portfolio events across PIMCO managed accounts. The Transitions team is often the first stop for client related requests and is responsible for executing new account setups, terminations, bank changes and In-Kind transfers.
Why this role is important to us
Alongside existing management, you’ll oversee a team of individuals responsible for processing complex portfolio transition events including new account setups, terminations, bank changes, & In-Kind Transfers. You’ll own the transition process from end to end and liaise with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure proper execution of transition events. Develop and lead your team in areas of client service, task execution, and organization.
What you will be responsible for
Leadership & Auditing
- Staff development and performance management.
- Implement process changes and/or improvements that mitigate risk and/or improve productivity.
- Prioritize and delegate work. Responsible for quality control and validity of all data through daily audits.
- Work closely with the investment manager and custodian banks to ensure accounts are structured on-time and able to support desired trading strategies.
- Lead and/or participate in conference calls pertaining to transition planning.
- Track on-going progress of events in pipeline, anticipate potential roadblocks and communicate expected outcomes effectively to the client.
- First level of escalation for PIMCO.
System Enhancements & Testing
- Work with technology to develop, test, and implement system updates that reduce risk and enhance workflows.
- Participate in regression testing and monthly release testing.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to a BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of related work experience.
- Subject matter expertise in most areas of investment accounting/reconciliation, trade processing, pricing and/or settlements of all fixed income types including bank loans, swaps, futures, options, collateral etc.
- Enthusiasm, confidence, leadership, risk mindset, prioritization & multitasking, expert communication, problem solving & decision making, strategic thinking, calm under pressure, efficiency and proficiency.
- Having an owner’s mindset by taking end-to-end ownership of complex and high risk portfolio events.
- Strong quantitative and project management skills.
- Computer proficient, including spreadsheet and database applications.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.