IT Audit - Global Markets, Assistant Vice President, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
The Business Aligned IT Auditor, Assistant Vice President, will be responsible for working on audit engagements that focus on business risk and related application technology for specific business divisions and/or functions.Team members work to understand business risks and related IT general controls, including interface controls, logical access controls, change management, backup and recovery, and application controls (e.g systematic validations, interfaces). The main objective of an audit is to provide management with independent, objective assurance regarding the design and operating effectiveness of the system of internal controls to mitigate both business and IT-related risks.The audit follows a collaborative approach, with business and IT audit team members jointly conducting the majority of internal and client-facing planning, control assessment, testing, and reporting activities.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, stakeholders rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role, you will strive for cutting-edge solutions that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an Integrated Auditor, Assistant Vice President you will:
- Serve as the lead for technology focused audit areas, but also work on operational audits.
- Plan and/ or execute audits according to a risk based methodology in line with division and industry standards.
- Supervise and direct the execution of risk and control assessments, along with effective and efficient testing of key controls.
- Review documentation of audit work and conclusion of audit tests results and overall effectiveness of controls.
- Draft audit reports in accordance with division standards to clearly communicate key risks and core audit issues.
- Work in partnership with business area management to communicate expectations and manage any project issues that may arise throughout the audit.
- Escalate audit issues to senior management and interact with business line and senior managers to develop and negotiate solutions.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of audits and assigned functions, including utilization of technology, products, organizational activities, and systems.
- Establish and maintain strong and effective client relationships within the business and supporting IT organizations and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- Contribute to change initiatives by participation in system and business process change initiatives with strategic corporate significance by providing input on operational and technological risk issues.
- Invest in your development by expanding, maintaining and applying current knowledge of audit industry best practices, regulatory expectations, and subject matter.
- Support the development and training of more junior staff assigned to projects, including reviewing their workpapers
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members and supervising, coaching and developing staff.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Able to manage complexity, multi-task and work independently in non-routine situations.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements.
- Interest in developing as a leader within Corporate Audit.
- Ability to comprehend both technology and operational risks.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Business Administration.
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with assessment and testing of technology and operational controls, including 2+ years leading and supervising audit engagements.
- Experience in either public accounting or financial services internal audit preferred.
- Working knowledge of global markets or banking regulatory frameworks preferred
- Travel up to 15% may be required.
Are you the right candidate?
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.