Analyst - Payroll Accounting GPS
An ideal Finance Analyst role who wants to create a big impact in advancing business objectives within a global environment, helping us drive solutions that will contribute to Shell’s success.
Where do you fit in?
As a PA Analyst, you will have a thorough understanding of the End-to-End Shell Pay People Process, using the HR and Financial Systems that are fundamental to ensure accounting is correct and controls are operated effectively. This role will also ensure compliance to Data Privacy as PA deals with Employee Confidential information. This role requires performing monthly trend analysis to detect abnormalities in accounts and is responsible for escalating and communicating material misstatements or any Financial Impact to the Controllers or the Reporting and analysis team, as well as, the PA Leadership team.
Part of Shell’s purpose of powering progress together by providing more and cleaner energy solutions is about creating shared value for our stakeholders, third-party service providers, and the communities where we operate. The key enabler is to drive operational excellence delivery across Payroll Accounting in close collaboration with HR, R&A, GSR, AP, and Process Excellence as our main business partners. Currently, the Payroll Accounting Process is owned by Global HR Payroll so there’s a joint effort to Standardize, Streamline, and Automate the Pay People Process, also in preparation for the upcoming implementation of the Global Payroll Strategy.
What is the role?
As PA Analyst, you will monitor, reconcile, and analyze payroll-related GL Accounts ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data, as well as, complying with internal and external audit requirements for accurate financial recordings.
Special Challenges include:
Directly communicating and explaining issues to key stakeholders for the countries handled End-to-End Payroll Accounting Process using various ERPs Handling difficult issues with HR counterparts while maintaining good working relationships at all times Working virtually with business partners, colleagues, or other FO counterparts Working with Process Excellence team on Global/Local Projects, Migrations, etc.
What do we need from you?
- Degree in Business Admin, Accounting, or Finance
- Basic knowledge in Process Controls & Compliance or similar field
- Exposure and knowledge on usage of ERP – GSAP/SAP preferred
- Strong command in the English, both oral and written
- Highly organized and committed in meeting deadlines
- Confident in dealing with counterparts, business partners, stakeholders
- Clear demonstration of teamwork, flexibility, adaptability, initiative, analytical thinking and problem-solving with high attention to details
- Knowledge of accounting principles and impact to financial reporting