Kreston Reeves is currently hiring for an Audit Senior specialising in charities to join on a permanent basis in Kent.
We are so much more than just accountants, business, and financial advisers…
Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.Audit Semi-Senior/Senior
We are looking for a part qualified/qualified accountant who enjoys audit to join our growing audit and corporate team. You will be based in our one of our Kent offices, with our clients are based all over Kent and London and you will have plenty of opportunities to get involved with a mix of clients not for profit in our ever-expanding audit team.
Your primary role will be to lead a team of auditors and to assist in leading audits from planning to completion for a range of our clients. There is an option to focus only on charity and not for profit clients.
You will also have exposure to compiling accounts. You will be responsible for leading and training juniors and reviewing their work with progression to managing assignments within your role development. You will also assist the managers and partners with running their portfolios.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience within at least a small firm, preparing audits and accounts
- Experience leading charity audits
- Ideally have knowledge of charity SORP
- Experience with their own portfolio of clients with the ability to manage their clients needs
- Passion for the not for profit sector
- Enthusiasm and to supporting managers and partners with growth and efficiencies in the sector
- Collaborative working with teams across Kent
- Lead, support and develop a client portfolio, ensuring the maximising of client advocacy & fee levels from own portfolio, ensuring proactive contact at key times (eg timetable planning).
- Act as a key point of contact for other charity audit clients so as to maximise delivered work.
- Return phone calls and written correspondence to all of the above within required deadline and ensure promises are kept.
- We are so much more than just accountants, business and financial advisers… Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.
- We’re committed to living by our purpose and values - 'Understand’, 'Look ahead’, 'Make it personal’, 'Be crystal clear’ and 'Be human’. We have created a culture in which we strive for our clients, colleagues, and communities to thrive. We work as a team and have a wide range of skills, specialisms, and expertise amongst us.
- We’re proud to be B Corp™ certified - we place high value on what our people care about and recognise the important role we have as a business to create long-lasting positive change, using business as a force for good. Our environmental, social and governance programme is aligned to four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing,’ 'Quality education,’ 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action.’
- Kreston Reeves is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse, fair and inclusive culture. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our roles and equal consideration will be given to every application.
- Our people are our core asset so it’s important to us that we create an environment where they are recognised, included and valued.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.