Executive/Senior Executive, Accounting & Tax
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations. Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance– whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
The Intermediate Accountant assists the Senior Accountant in the Accounting and Tax Compliance team in day-to-day operation to ensure the accuracy of the information and the on-time deliveries to the client.
- Maintains relationship with daily client contact; being pro-active and following up on any outstanding issues with the client at an operational level.
- Gain a good understanding of the client business and keep senior staff updated on any potential issues identified during the processing of the information provided by the client.
- Data entry of sales invoices, purchase invoices, purchase/sales orders, credit/debit memos, employees expense reimbursements, bank account transactions and journal entries in Xero or any other accounting software used by the client.
- Preparation of payment vouchers for accounts payable and payroll related payments and maintaining cash position.
- Reconciling Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Assisting in updating cash position and preparation of client bank reconciliations.
- Preparing month-end depreciations and amortizations, prepayments, accruals and payroll entries.
- Coordination and preparation of monthly Instalment Activity Statements (“IAS”) and monthly or quarterly Business Activity Statements (“BAS”) for Senior review before sending these to the client for approval.
- Gain exposure to more advanced tax compliance and accounting/reporting work.
- Assisting senior staff in the preparation of annual FBT and IT returns for the clients.
- Preparation of monthly reporting package / management accounts for Senior review before sending this to the client.
- Preparation of information and assisting the client with the annual audit or tax audits.
- Performs quality document control.
- Report to senior staff regarding any out of scope services requested by the client.
- Keep accurate records by coding correctly timesheets in ViewPoint.
- Participate in performance appraisals.
- Ad hoc duties as and when required.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Degree holder with recognised accounting qualification or business related disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in professional firms or multinationals.
- Pursuing Professional qualifications in CA or CPA and completed at least 2 modules.
- Experience in accounting/tax/banking procedures.
- Sound knowledge of local accounting practices.
- Advanced Microsoft Office application (advanced excel a must).
- Good knowledge of local system (e.g. MYOB, XERO).
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.