Fund Expense Oversight and Head of Global Funds Management Poland business, Global Advisors, VP
Who we are looking for
Global Funds Management (“GFM”) team at State Street Global Advisors drives sound fund oversight programs across SSGA’s funds and services. GFM’s Fund Expense Oversight Center of Excellence (“COE”) is looking for Fund Expense Oversight Vice President who will act as a Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) and take ownership of a variety of fund expense and regulatory reporting activities as well as directly manage staff on the Expense Team in order to continue the development of a centralized team of expense experts across a variety of fund ranges and jurisdictions. The team that you will be joining oversees funds registered in multiple EMEA and North America countries with diverse fund and umbrella structures.
In addition of Expense Oversight CoE Team Lead role, the successful candidate will also perform duties of the Head of GFM Poland and supervise all GFM teams with local presence. As Head of GFM Poland, they will cooperate closely with the Head of the Branch in all aspects related to strategy, people, process, and risk.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Expense Oversight you will
- Review fund expenses and approve invoice payments based on Fee Schedules and other agreements with the vendors.
- Liaise with vendors, regulators and other parties to ensure expenses charged to the funds are correct.
- Ensure accruals and payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner by corporate teams and service providers.
- Ensure SSGA fund expense records are accurate and up to date.
- Review and approve funds TERs and other expense reports delivered by service providers.
- Help establish standardized and effective governance structure over fund expenses by reviewing and updating procedures and ensuring their consistent application.
- Lead process automation.
- Act as an Expense Expert for queries and escalation issues received from SSGA departments, team and clients.
- Manage a team of analysts in the Expense COE team and all functional tasks associated with the team.
- Identify areas of need and/or improvement within the team and drive ideas for process improvements with all pertinent parties.
- Manage cross training initiative within the team to ensure all responsibilities are covered when needed.
- Act as the lead on projects when needed within the team as well as with internal business partners to fulfill all necessary requirements.
As Head of Global Funds Management Poland business you will
- serve as leader of Poland based GFM business line and staff supported by middle matrix management structure. You will:
- Act as an active member of GA Poland SLT, contributing to Branch strategy planning & execution
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with functional managers located outside of Poland to ensure open two-way line of communications and keep them informed of relevant local developments and initiatives
- Cooperate with Head of the Branch and functional stakeholders on evolving service scope & complexity as well as organizational structure so that it supports GFM growth agenda.
- Work closely with Head of the Branch on HR regulatory and staff engagement aspects, local initiatives and projects
- Act as local escalation point for local GFM middle managers and main point of contact for functional stakeholders and branch management, as required. Areas include (but are not limited to) e.g. local labour laws, time and attendance, employee conduct, staffing aspects etc.
- Build a strong, cohesive work environment and drive team engagement with learning, development, and other opportunities within Krakow office
- Contribute (and lead as applicable) periodic performance assessment, compensation discussion, talent review etc. by working closely with the functional managers especially on behaviours and Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (IDE) assessment.
- Participate (or delegate as required) in the recruitment process supporting hiring manager in selection of best candidates following defined hiring best practices
- Monitor service level and drive service reviews as required in line with Branch Governance
- Engage with local middle managers in their area of responsibility to foster continuous improvement mindset, identify opportunities for process simplification engaging branch management and functional stakeholders as required to drive execution
- Identify risks & issues related to staff conduct and adherence to the local procedures/ processes and escalate them as appropriate to ensure resolution
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Proven leadership and presentation skills, with the ability to interface effectively with an executive audience
- Ability to coach and develop a high performing staff and senior managers
- Appreciation of multicultural work environment
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate ideas and ability to use experience and analysis to gain support and work with internal and external parties
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with ability to structure and solve complex business problems
- Excellent attention to details.
- Focus on continuous process improvement, procedure writing, and risk mitigation.
- Strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and prioritize.
- The ability to work with people and direct them towards a common goal. Both within the team as well as with internal and external business partners
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in financial services.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in leading teams and managing senior managers
- Working knowledge of US Mutual Funds, Cash Funds, ETFs, unregistered comingled funds, UCITS, SICAVs.
- Master’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- Computer proficient especially with advanced Excel features.
- Proficient in English language.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfill all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.