IT Audit - Global Markets, Officer, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
The Business Aligned IT Auditor will be responsible for working on audit
engagements that focus on business risk and related application
technology for specific business divisions and/or functions. Team
members work to understand business risks and related IT general
controls, including interface controls, logical access controls, change
management, backup and recovery, and application controls (e.g
systematic validations, interfaces). The main objective of an audit is
to provide management with independent, objective assurance regarding
the design and operating effectiveness of the system of internal
controls to mitigate both business and IT-related risks. The audit
follows a collaborative approach, with business and IT audit team
members jointly conducting the majority of internal and client-facing
planning, control assessment, testing, and reporting activities.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an IT Audit Officer you will:
- Perform audit work as assigned, leveraging Corporate Audit’s risk based methodology to assess risks and controls and validate the adequacy of the design of controls.
- Devises effective and efficient tests of key controls, executes and documents audit tests and concludes on the effective operation of controls.
- Take part in audit scoping procedures, specifically Identification of IT dependencies.
- Assist in leading control walkthroughs and executing controls assessments.
- Executing testing of IT general and automated application controls
- Coach less experienced staff.
- Stay abreast of industry and technical matters and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Motivated self-starter and intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to establish an environment conducive to continuous innovation
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to comprehend both technology and operational risks.
- IT General Controls testing experience (user administration, business continuity /disaster recovery, system development lifecycle controls)
- Application Controls assessment and testing experience (data input and validation controls, validation of system processing through technics such as review of UAT / QA testing documentation, data interface testing, etc.)
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: Financial Services processes and technology, Oracle E-Business Suite, Database Technology, Technical application background.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science, Information Assurance or related field.
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Public Accounting, IT Audit, Consulting, or Business Process Engineering preferred, ideally in the Financial Services industry.
Travel up to 15% may be required.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.