Assistant Controller, Benelux
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position is part of Accounting Centre of Expertise (CoE). The role of Accounting CoE is to ensure accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial statements for entities across EMEA region, provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions, and support corporate income tax compliance alongside external tax advisors and internal tax team. Accounting CoE builds strong partnerships with Baxter Business Services (BBS), finance business partners, commercial and other functional organizations to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company’s policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting for the holding and commercial entities in the Netherlands.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of US GAAP, statutory and tax reporting to shareholders on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Act as a point of contact to local authorities for matters related to accounting and tax compliance, including regulatory and withholding tax queries for dividend distributions.
- Support financing activities such as reinvestments, dividend distributions and capital contributions.
- Prepare and present board meeting documentation, including information on annual accounts statements, financial performance highlights, subsidiary impairment testing or subsidiary restructuring, CAPEX plans, etc., and support preparation of board minutes.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders: local business, operations and decision support management.
- Act as a reference point for all complex accounting and tax issues for entities in scope.
- Work closely with BBS and Service Delivery partners in execution of end to end finance processes.
- Support local, regional and global projects, as required; provide financial support in such projects.
- Be an advocate of finance function.
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
Qualifications, Key Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience in accounting or audit of financial statements.
- Proven experience in a large multinational environment and/or external audit firm.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Dutch; French is an additional benefit.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and tax matters.
- Knowledge of local GAAPs for the countries in scope.
- Knowledge of local tax regulations for the countries in scope is an additional benefit.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Strong reporting tools and MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and/or qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA or equivalent.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as required (very limited).
- Experience in JDE an advantage.
- Additional hours at critical times (e.g. month-end) may be required. Also, and on an exceptional basis, the role may require work during public holidays.