Expense Oversight and Treasury - State Street Global Advisors, Assistant Vice President, Hybrid
SSGA’s Global Funds Management (“GFM”) team drives sound fund oversight programs across SSGA’s funds and services. The recently established GFM Fund Expense Oversight Center of Excellence (“COE”) is looking for Fund Expense Oversight Manager who will act as a Subject Matter Expert (“SME”) and take ownership of a variety of fund expense activities as well as manage staff on the Expense Team in order to lead the team in supporting our vision of a centralized team of expense experts across a variety of fund ranges. The team that you will be joining oversees funds registered in multiple EMEA and North America countries with diverse fund and umbrella structures. The candidate would be responsible for various operational tasks and support and also guiding/managing the team within the COE construct to meet our goals and report progress to senior managers as well as serve as lead coordinator of US regulatory document mailings to our shareholders.
As Fund Expense Oversight Manager, you will:
- Review fund expenses and approve invoice payments based on Fee Schedules and other agreements with the vendors.
- Liaise with vendors, regulators and other parties to ensure expenses charged to the funds are correct.
- Ensure accruals and payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner by corporate teams and service providers.
- Ensure SSGA fund expense records are accurate and up to date.
- Review and approve funds TERs and other expense reports delivered by service providers.
- Monitor and ensure standardized operating procedures are effectively understood by the team and are performed and documented on a routine basis
- Act as an Expense Expert for queries and escalation issues received from SSGA departments and clients.
- Manage a team of less than 10 members
- Manage cross training initiatives within the team to ensure all responsibilities are covered when needed
- Act as the lead on projects when needed within the team as well as with internal business partners to fulfil all necessary requirements
- Identify areas of need and/or improvement within the team and drive ideas for process improvements with all pertinent parties.
In addition to Fund Expense Oversight activities, this role serves as lead coordinator of US regulatory document mailing to our shareholders. Critical documents such as prospectuses and semimanual shareholder reports must reach our fund shareholder in a timely manner. You will:
- Work with internal teams and external parties and vendors to coordinate the documents to be mailed and their print quantities.
- Ensure electronic version of the documents are housed on our publicly accessible website
- Train multiple team members to ensure a deep bench of process knowledge
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Excellent attention to details.
- Focus on continuous process improvement, procedure writing, and risk mitigation.
- Strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and prioritize.
- The ability to work with people and direct them towards a common goal. Both within the team as well as with internal and external business partners
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 6-8 years of experience in financial services.
- Previous managerial experience strongly preferred
- Mutual Fund, Cash Fund, ETF, UCITS, SICAV experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field.
- Knowledge of or experience with the distribution of certain shareholder reports such as prospectuses and semi-annual financial reports, and other fulfilment services.
- Computer proficient especially with advanced Excel features.
- Proficient in English language.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate opinions clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.