Valuation Control Senior Analyst –Valuation Adjustments (XVA) (Hybrid)
Join an exciting area of Citi’s continuously expanding Finance team in Budapest!
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent team of subject matter experts within the Finance Division. VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. In doing so, the team works closely with its stakeholders - senior management, business heads, product control, market risk, regulators, and both internal and external audit.
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with performing valuation control processes for the XVA business within Citi’s Institutional Clients Group.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- perform Independent Price Verification (IPV), calculate and/or verify Valuation Adjustments, and perform Fair Value Levelling
- identify and resolve pricing issues, control deficiencies, backup coverage gaps, and process documentation deficiencies
- efficiently allocate resources to project work and end-user process enhancements
- perform internal and external reporting related tasks, including compliance with the European Banking Authority’s Regulatory Technical Standards on Prudent Valuation
- work with Front Office and other stakeholders to ensure proper resolution of any valuation issues
- identify and resolve pricing issues, backup coverage gaps, control or process documentation deficiencies
- effectively interact with senior stakeholders and lead valuation meetings with various business functions
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or a similar relevant discipline
- 6+ years’ professional experience in a relevant field of Finance (preferably Valuations, Risk, Product Control, or similar functions)
- knowledge of, experience with, or a demonstrated interested in capital markets products (Equities, Bonds, Commodities, FX, Options, Swaps, Futures, Forwards)
- ability to motivate and develop team members – people management experience is an advantage
- proficient Microsoft Excel user - VBA and Python knowledge is an advantage
- excellent English communication skills
- control-focused mind-set, stakeholder management skills, process improvement capabilities
We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- exposure to a number of different capital market products
- gaining in-depth understanding of pricing and price verification approaches, accounting standards relating to fair value reporting for derivatives, and the regulatory impact on valuation and pricing
- opportunity for further developing managerial and coaching skills
- flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life-work balance
- career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized
- a socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- a supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- competitive compensation package
- Opportunity for participation in wide range of professional trainings (ACCA, CFA, FRM)
Your journey and flexible career at Citi begins here – apply now!
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.