Executive, HR & Payroll
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading global provider of high-value business services to clients operating and investing globally. We focus on providing specialized and business-critical financial and administrative services that enable our clients to operate their corporate structures, finance vehicles and investment funds in different geographical locations. Our core services can help companies of all sizes with HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, international corporate structuring, fund administration and structured finance– whether a company wants to globalize, or whether they need support to streamline existing operations.
With operations in more than 80 countries, TMF Group is the global expert that understands local needs. Global reach, local knowledge: helping to do business seamlessly across borders.
This role will be working closely with HR & Payroll team members to provide daily deliverables of excellent and professional services to clients. This position will be reporting in to Assistant Manager.
The Executive is responsible to manage payroll as well as oversee and coach the Payroll Assistants. This includes 2nd level payroll checking (4-eyes principle).
The Executive provides daily HR & Payroll support & advice to clients whilst ensuring compliance with Malaysia Employment Act and Labour Laws, as well as Malaysia Statutory Guidelines.
- Handles full spectrum of payroll processing and attend to clients enquiries and provide professional HR & payroll advice according to standards & processes set by the Company;
- Adheres to TMF Global Compliance standards;
- Provides 2nd level payroll checking, coaching & handles escalations from team members;
- Aware of client contracts & what is W.I.P/ “out of scope”;
- Buddy & conduct training for new joiners;
- Liaise with Malaysia Statutory bodies for registration & enquiries & make payment to Statutory Bodies;
- Study monthly payroll advice received from client & input payroll data into payroll system;
- Send payroll report & funds summary to client for approval;
- Prepare salary instruction to appointed bank;
- Send pay slips to employees;
- Ensure accurate & timely updating of Timesheet in VP.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree/ Professional Certificate in any field of study preferably in HRM;
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in HR/ Payroll, relevant working experience in payroll outsourcing will be an added advantage;
- Has experience handling client escalations, complaints & problem solving.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Excellent knowledge of Malaysia payroll, taxation & statutory practices & guidelines;
- Very good written & spoken English;
- Able to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively;
- Good client interaction skills;
- Good team management skills;
- Meticulous, pro-active, well-organized and conscientious with a high level of initiatives at work;
- Very good problem solving skills;
- Able to work under pressure.
What’s in it for you?
- Our offices are easily accessible by public transportation. (LRT & Monorail)
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Work with colleagues and clients around the world on interesting and challenging work.
- We provide internal career opportunities so you can take your career further within TMF.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.