Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer
Who we are looking for:
This is the Fund Accounting Officer role responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in the timely completion of accurate deliverables. In addition, you will take charge of team development, staff management and enhancing client satisfaction.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accounting Officer you will:
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources with the support of the AVP
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched as required
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary.
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches. Record as appropriate in the Errors log
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalized reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific Fund Accounting projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Ensure Director, Assistant Vice President & Donor site CRM are adequately updated on a regular basis regarding all aspects of your client/s account, highlighting all potential risks with possible solutions in a timely manner.
What we value:
This role requires strong communication, staff management and client serving skills as well relevant industry experience.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Alternative Investment asset classes or Private Equity desired
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting, Finance or Economics related field; accounting background is preferred;
- Minimum 4 years’ experience (including minimum 1 year experience in managing a team or a group) in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment; big four/ accounting firm/ fund house work experience is preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to priorities under pressure; adapt to work under given timeline;
- Advanced knowledge of MS office;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Detail-oriented, owner’s mindset, logical thinking, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and teamwork are required;
- Good interpersonal skill and team spirit; effective communication, organizational and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.