Team Manager - Accounts Payable
If you are a collaborative Finance leader that wishes to make an impact to the business, external stakeholders and finance community, this role is a great opportunity for you to lead significant change agenda, manage operations, nurture a team, and be an integrated and trusted business partner.
Where do you fit in?
Supply chains are at the core of Shell’s competitiveness and the Requisition to Pay (RTP) process plays an instrumental role in making Shell a Commercial Powerhouse. One of the enablers will be the delivery of accurate and timely payments that meet contractual commitments while ensuring reliable financial analysis and reporting of expenses and liabilities related to third party vendors, compliance to Group policies and safeguarding Shell's reputation.
You’re going to play a key role in making this happen by managing operations for Accounts Payable for Global Functions and closely collaborating with your business partners.
The team will be composed of around 10-12 FTE based in FO Manila with interfaces with CP, Business and Finance teams.
What’s the role?
As the Team Manager you will lead an Accounts Payable team in delivering a world class Accounts Payable RTP process, supervise the team, support staff development, build engagement and foster collaboration across teams. You will also ensure operational delivery by meeting operational targets, apply and maintain agreed control framework, optimize team and process efficiency and effectiveness as well as ensure effective collaboration with Stakeholders and Business Partners and being a valued member of Expenditure Leadership Team and extended UPIGNE Leadership Team, and contributing to planning and implementing shared priorities in the organization.
More specifically, your role will include the following:
- Taking ownership and accountability for end-to-end Accounts Payable RTP process delivery for assigned group of Countries/Scope and delivery against agreed KPI targets.
- Process includes invoice processing, managing and resolving exceptions, controls and reporting
- Effectively and efficiently operates and continuously improves Accounts Payable RTP process countries and businesses in scope
- Acts as escalation focal point for CP, Business and for other parts of FO
- Maintains the BCP and Interoperability readiness for critical activities
- Develops, maintains and operates control framework that ensures robust control over team activities
- Makes operational decisions while maintaining strong internal controls
- Identifies process improvements or control gaps and highlights and drives to resolve
Delivery of supervisor expectations , including but not limited to
- Establish clear and specific outcomes for the team to deliver
- Set expectations for and role model continuous improvement
- Coach and develop own team to deliver business performance
- Let team members know how they are performing through open and honest conversations
- Connect team member's activities to the bottom line
- Ensure people have the clarity/capability they need to be able to deliver
- Create clear commitments and accountability within the team
- Plan resources for the team, recruits and onboard, manages changes in the team, ensures knowledge maintenance, successful handovers, process continuity and plans succession
- Supporting projects and initiatives in RTP/AP that impact area of responsibility, including but not limited to migrations and scope changes, on setting up new entities in collaboration with other teams, digitalization projects and business change programmes.
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with stakeholders, including CP Operations, CP in the business, Finance and business.
- Initiates, manages and actively attends operational meetings, including operational AP-CP connects, to discuss performance, issues, collaboration.
- Demonstrate and role model One Finance Behaviours and Safe Hands
What we need from you?
Your ability to effectively manage operations and to successfully collaborate in a multicultural and virtual environment, including delivery of results as well as strong leadership and stakeholder management skills to inspire your team to deliver results and drive change.
Furthermore, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration preferred
- 2 - 3 years of professional leadership experience
- Strong accounting knowledge of AP process
- Strong people management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Innovative and open minded
- Good organizational skills with ability to succeed under tight deadlines
- Engagement and drive for results
Work Schedule: Mid-shift 3PM to 12AM, Philippine Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.