Basel Measurement Reporting, VP #230164
Credit Suisse Group AG has been acquired by UBS Group AG. Credit Suisse continues its business activities as a subsidiary company of UBS Group AG, including selective hiring for experienced professionals.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business pisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management, and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels, and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each inpidual and support the perse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
Capital Measurement and reporting is a group-wide function for CS Sub Group responsible for producing and reporting regulatory capital, Risk-weighted Assets, Large exposures, and leverage ratio across business areas and legal entities. The team is responsible for managing and reporting regulatory submissions including Pillar 1 and Pillar 3. In addition the team is also responsible for reporting key capital metrices (RWA & LRD) for internal management purposes.
This is a team lead role managing Leverage Exposure reporting as per FINMA norms. As the team lead this role will the senior point of contact for internal and external stakeholder groups. The role will require production and preparation of various key regulatory and internal management reports used by the business, capital management teams, and senior management.
The role provides an excellent platform to manage production and reporting processes, stakeholder management, problem-solving, decision-making, and creative thinking. In specific you will also be expected to:
- Produce and finalize the leverage ratio denominator (leverage exposures-LVE) for internal and external reporting on varied frequency as per agreed timelines for key CS Sub Group entities.
- Produce and finalize Prudential Balance Sheet for consuming in the LVE calculation.
- Produce and report internal Balance Sheet views by business lines.
- Participate and drive ongoing change book of work and drive process improvements, optimization, and rationalization.
- Maintain strong robust Control landscape for the processes under ownership.
- Participate and drive various regulatory changes impacting Leverage Exposures calculation/reporting.
- Support internal and external regulatory reviews and ad hoc queries from senior management or front office
- Actively and independently liaise with external and internal auditors. Proactively participate in self-assessment programs
- Partner with key stakeholders and develop key relationships with front office teams. Co-ordinate across BMR product teams to analyze and provide commentary for business variances to senior management
- Liaise with the regulatory assurance teams and keep up to date with regulatory developments related to capital adequacy norms. Apply a deep understanding of regulatory guidelines and main measurements to determine their potential impact on LVE numbers and regulatory reports.
- Interact and partner with senior resources in finance, change, IT, risk, and other related areas to obtain, understand, and analyze information in relation to Basel guidelines on regulatory capital and LVE.
- Day to day management of the team comprising of Analysts and senior experienced AVPs. Being a mentor to them for objective setting and career pathing.
Your future colleagues
You join the CMR team within Credit Suisse Treasury, which is responsible for all RWA and Capital reporting to internal and external business partners including the main regulators FINMA, IHC, PRA, Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and CNMV. We deliver accurate, complete, and timely reports to global regulators that involve reporting of IB products for the Investment Bank
We are a department which values Persity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.Remote Working? Yes
Qualifications for the role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (CA/CPA and/or MBA a plus)
- 12+ years of work experience in the financial industry preferably within an accounting, controlling, regulatory-compliance, risk management, or related function in the financial industry.
- Experience in team management.
- Experience in stakeholder management, including strong communication skills, and are used to manage conflict situations with calm and skillfully maneuver through difficult negotiations
- Good understanding of USGAAP/IFRS accounting and Basel LVE norms.
- Strong analytical skills in financial and business analysis experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills required, analyzing large data sets.
- Hardworking with the ability to multi-task, good problem-solving skills, and the drive to work towards challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value perse perspectives