Associate - Tax, People Advisory Services (Global Immigration) (2023 Grads)
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Joining People Advisory Services gives you the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of deploying a globally mobile work force. We advise clients on the design and implementation of total reward strategies, advise on HR and payroll transformation, help manage HR compliance and risk, provide strategic advice on mobility programs and also offer technology advisory services and project management. We work with our clients to attract, train and motivate the people necessary to achieve clients’ organizational goals. By helping to integrate the people agenda into their business strategy, we help our clients improve their business in the evolving global economy and realize sustainable economic growth.
You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
- Helping clients to manage their business issues relating to their global workforce by providing immigration compliance and advisory services with a focus on client service, quality, risk management and technical excellence.
- Managing and performing engagement management activities including billing, scheduling, performance evaluations, mentoring/coaching and managing client expectations
- Monitoring regulatory changes in the Singapore immigration domain, guiding clients in implementing necessary changes to their foreign workforce and processes in a timely manner.
- Possess and continually increase understanding of up-to-date immigration knowledge and complex expatriate issues. Researching independently on the steps required to obtain such visas by liaising with the respective embassy or consulate.
- Developing an understanding of the firm’s strategic priorities, business and team goals.
- Identifying opportunities and assisting with business development such as drafting of responses and participating in proposal process.
- Striving for operational excellence, and communicating ideas to promote opportunities for process improvements.
- Establishing and maintaining long-term collaborative relationships with clients and internal colleagues.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Pursuing university degree related to Accountancy, Business (Human Resource) or equivalent
- Problem solving and numerical skills
- Ability to work with complex and detailed information
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability in time management and adaptability to change under pressure to build effective relationships at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and relationship building
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a phone screening
- Shortlisted candidates may expect a written assessment prior to the interview
You are strongly encouraged to prioritize your job application, as applicants with more than one job entry under Tax will only be shortlisted for one Tax position. This position is only applicable to students who are in their final year of study. We regret that applicants who do not belong to this category will not be shortlisted for this recruitment exercise.
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume with expected graduation
- Copy of Highest / Latest Academic Certification and Transcripts
To learn more about our service offerings, visit What you can do here or subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.