Independence - Senior Associate - Fixed Term - 6 months
DescriptionEstablished in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & SummaryThe new hire will be assisting the regional independence team in the following areas:
- Reviewing proposals or draft engagement letters for non-assurance services proposed to audit clients from an independence perspective and assess their permissibility according to applicable Independence standards and rules.
- Assist the Authorisation for Services (AFS) Operations Team with performing the independence analysis for risky and judgemental services offered to audit clients.
- Responding to scope of services related consultations and to assist other members of the Independence team with the AFS review process.
- Support the independence business partners with other day-to-day independence related matters
- Understand the client-specific independence procedures and policies
- Contribute in developing template materials, guidance and make available client-specific policies and procedures to the ME independence network and the practice
- Other activities
- Consultation system monitoring and assignment of queries among team members
- Performing data reconciliations for Independence monitoring purposes
- Participating in training sessions and contributing to setting the agenda for the calls/meetings
- Assist in upskilling the AFS Operations Team
Learning and Growth
- Liaise with Global Independence to understand Global systems improvement initiatives
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed