Indirect Tax Transformation - Vice President
The global tax reporting landscape for businesses will continue to evolve significantly over the coming years with a key focus on data quality, automation of tax processes and transactional data reporting in real or near real time.
We are looking for a highly motivated and technically minded individual to support and contribute to the advancement of our Indirect Tax Technology Strategy and our VAT Risk Management Strategy.
As Indirect Tax Transformation - Vice President you will be a hands-on person who will work on complex, large scale tax technology projects and support the integration of indirect tax solutions into business processes. In doing so you will bring to bear your VAT technical knowledge and help to translate that into systematic, tech driven processes.
Reporting to an Executive Director responsible for Indirect Tax Transformation, you will have an excellent opportunity to work in a specialised global team as well as a strong platform for career development in this area. In this role you will:
- Strengthen and develop your knowledge of product offerings and what it takes to deliver these in the FS industry.
- Expand your VAT technical experience as part of a team with deep VAT expertise applied to FS products across the EMEA region and beyond.
- Have the opportunity to get deep experience of VAT determination as applied to financial services working in partnership with VAT advisors, technology providers, in-house technology and finance colleagues to be at the heart of delivering systems enabling digital VAT compliance.
- Conducts reviews of indirect tax practices and processes across different lines of business and jurisdictions, capturing and structuring business requirements from an indirect tax perspective.
- Takes the lead in discussions with key stakeholders across Finance, Operations, Technology and other project teams and effectively articulates indirect tax rules and reporting requirements.
- Produces technical documentation and conducts impact analysis and detailed design sessions with Technology and other project teams.
- Reviews tests results ensuring that indirect tax requirements are correctly implemented in the systems.
- Supports the Tax Technology team in the advancement of the long-term VAT technology strategy.
- Understands the changing landscape of tax compliance and independently design solutions to meet these new requirements.
- Monitors market developments, including relevant legislative changes on indirect tax rules, VAT reporting and e-invoicing requirements, and translates these into actionable inputs for our project teams.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Relevant experience in an in-house VAT role or professional practice.
- Excellent knowledge of indirect tax legislation and practical experience with VAT reporting and accounting practices.
- Experience in (or a strong desire to work with) tax technology projects and solutions.
- Excellent communication skills making complex indirect tax matters simple to a non-tax audience.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their work under minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment.
- Highly adaptable with an exceptionally organized approach.
- A collaborative team player who is committed to lifelong learning.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience working in operational indirect tax, with a focus on tax technology solutions, tax determination engines, and tax data quality.
- Experience in the Financial Services sector.
- Project Management experience.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.