Lead Analyst, Accounting and Financial Reporting
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
Operations bring together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. Operations help clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 36 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - Operations are working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Operations manage investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
The Alternative Investment Services (AIS) Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset value (NAV) for a number of complex Hedge Funds, Credit Funds, Private Market Funds, Real Estate Funds and Hybrid Funds investing in a wide variety of financial instrument types.
Team provides a full site of administrative services to support real estate funds and property management including specific set of funds, fund accounting, investor servicing, ensuring that NAV packs for private equity & real estate clients are prepared in line with company policy and procedure.
- Leading and supervision on preparation of periodical accounting & NAV production for the Real Estate funds, that may include period closing activities, construction & validation, dissemination and reporting tasks for all underlying entities, consolidation.
- Supervise the reviews of general ledger transactions and annual/quarterly and monthly financial statements for multiple real estate properties.
- Performs complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
- Provides input into methodologies and checks the work of more junior team members.
- Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions.
- Resolves reconciliation of accounts for more complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.
- Drafts reports for clients regarding the performance of complex funds.
- Reviews draft reports completed by more junior staff.
- Regularly interacts with clients in answering questions and resolving issues regarding fund reports and accounting processes.
- Assists in evaluating GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- May have people management responsibilities in some geographies.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred, accounting/ audit background would be an asset.
- Experience with preparing financial statements.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
- Real estate and investment accounting experience/education would be a strong asset.
- Business English.
- Experience in people management is preferred.
- Strong communication skills as well as high level of accuracy and proficiency in excel.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)