Navy Command - Performance Manager 1
About the job
His Majesty’s Naval Base Clyde (HMNB Clyde) is home to the United Kingdom’s Strategic Nuclear Deterrent, Astute Class Attack Submarines, First Mine Counter Measure Squadron and 43 Cdo Royal Marines. It is an operational support and maintenance base, within the Navy Command TLB and comprises both Faslane and Coulport sites. HMNB Clyde’s primary purpose is to provide engineering and logistical support to the Royal Navy in maintaining Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD). This is achieved by ensuring at least one Vanguard Class submarine is on patrol at sea every day of the year.
RNAD Coulport is responsible for the storage, processing, maintenance and issue of the Trident Weapon System and the ammunitioning of all submarine-embarked tactical weapons.
This role is within the HMNB Clyde Service Delivery Group and provides financial management of the Soft Facility Management (Soft FM) and Hard Facility Management and Alongside Services (Hard FM & ALS) Contracts at HMNB Clyde, under the Future Maritime Support Programme (FMSP).
- Are you experienced in providing financial management of contracts?
- Do you have good communication skills and can work flexibly and at pace to deliver results?
- Do you want to play an exciting and pivotal part in the SDG team?
- Do you want to work within an operational environment supporting key Royal Navy outputs?
If so, we would love to hear from you, as we are now looking to fill a Performance Manager role within the Service Delivery Group.
This position is advertised at 37 hours per week.
We have an exciting opportunity to fill a Performance Manager role within the Service Delivery Group. The successful candidate will be given full induction, first class training and benefit from a comprehensive range of benefits associated with the Civil Service. The role provides pivotal, timely, accurate and effective financial management of key elements of the Soft FM and Hard FM & ALS contracts at HMNB Clyde. It requires a flexible, customer focused approach, someone who is comfortable and thrives in a changeable environment, whilst maintaining oversight of financial information with industry. The team has a strong continuous improvement ethos and will be adaptable to embrace new technologies and the digital automation of processes. You will be collaborating with commercial partners, Military personnel, and MOD stakeholders to deliver financial outputs.
Previous experience of financial/pricing of contracts (including single source), using financial systems (including excel), together with strong communication and inter-personal skills and a proven ability to work across a wide range of MOD and Industry stakeholders are required.
Key Responsibilities, in support to the Senior Performance Manager, of this role are:
- Financial Management of the Hard Facility Management and Alongside Services (Hard FM & ALS) and the Soft Facility Management (Soft FM) to ensure full compliance with the Contracts and MOD/Government policy.
- Financial assurance and approval of new requirements onto the Contracts, ensuring appropriate fiancial approval has been granted with relevent Authority entities.
- Assurance and approval of monthly Industry invoices, through to payment.
- Production of monthly contract Forecast of Outturn (FOO).
- Monthly consolidation and reporting of contract financial performance information to support the SDG and HMNB Clyde, Finance and Governance processes and externally into the Central and Strategic layers.
- Collation and analysis of Royal Navy (RN) Secondeed personnel hours, as provided by Industry, ensuring they comply with the Contracts to enable the production of the monthly RN Hours invoice.
- Maintain version control of the SDG contracts Chart of Accounts / Accounting Codes, tracking changes with full justification / approvals etc.
- Provide support to the oversight of the implementation of the Industry Time Recording system to ensure data is provided in accordance with the contractual requirement.
- HMNB Clyde Super User for Contract Management Tools (COMPASS, MIDAS, FRT and CP&F), providing support and training when required.
- Provide support to Asst HD SDG in the procurement strategy, scoping and placement of replacement to FMSP contracts.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
Alongside your salary of £35,290, Ministry of Defence contributes £9,528 towards you being a member of the Civil Service Defined Benefit Pension scheme. Find out what benefits a Civil Service Pension provides.
As a Civil Servant, you will be part of a forward-looking organisation with inclusive workplace policies, excellent career prospects, and a job that makes a difference.
This job role may be suitable for hybrid working, which is an informal, non-contractual and voluntary arrangement, blending a balance of attendance in the workplace (the permanent duty station, (HMNB Clyde, Faslane), which is based on business assessment of where the work is best done) and working from home as a personal choice (if the role is suitable for this). If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post.
Navy Command prides itself on being a supportive employer and where possible encourages flexible working, helping you to maintain a great work/life balance. Other benefits for Navy Command Civil Servants include:
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- A very competitive pension scheme
- Personal & professional development
- Alternative & Hybrid working patterns for many roles
- Access to a confidential, professional support service
- Discount schemes
- Bicycle/season ticket loans
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Special paid leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year
- On-site Facilities (gymnasium, Ski Club, recreational shopping mall, café, messing facilities etc)
- Free Car Parking
- Assisted Travel Scheme
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 8th January 2024
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.