Senior Treasury Capital Analyst
The Assistant Director, Capital Management, will support the Capital Management team in the delivery of its objective to expertly manage the stock and flow of capital. They will take ownership for processes, and work closely with team members on a range of deliverables.
As such, this role will give excellent exposure to the capital management activities of a global bank, including capital forecasting, stress testing, the ICAAP, and managing the framework of capital limits and risk appetite.
Working within a relatively small team, the role holder will be visible to senior stakeholders within Treasury, Risk, Finance, and the businesses, and will have the opportunity build their network across the Group's diverse geographical footprint.
- Facilitate business activity by managing frameworks to direct capital resources optimally around the Group.
- Operate processes relating to capital management limits, including Large Exposures, Non-Significant Holdings and Treasury Markets FVOCI.
- Support the efficient flow of capital around the Group through management of profit retention and injection requests.
- Broaden understanding and experience through supporting the team in the delivery of stress testing activities, the ICAAP, and capital forecasting processes.
- Drive efficiency across these processes by finding opportunities to improve ways of working.
- Support the team in the management of the Prudential Compliance Framework for Treasury Capital Management
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Adhere to the Group's Risk Management Framework including relevant Operational Risk Framework for Capital Risk.
- Support the Capital Management team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Deal with regulators in a responsive, open, timely and co-operative manner and disclose appropriately matters which they would reasonably expect notice of.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Treasury. Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Educational and Professional Credentials Check (Fundamental):
- Relevant degree in Accounting, Finance, or Risk Management (or experience equivalent).
- Solid experience in analytical and forecasting roles within the financial services industry, encompassing banking, investment, or financial consulting sectors.
Technical Skills Assessment (Fundamental):
- Proficiency in MS Excel for financial modeling and analysis.
- Ability to source and use data to distill insights and support decision-making.
Capital Management, Regulatory and Compliance Experience (Optional):
- Experience with capital forecasting, stress testing, and ICAAP.
- Familiarity with managing frameworks of capital limits and risk appetite.
- Understanding of the Prudential Compliance Framework for Treasury Capital Management.
- Knowledge of the Group's Risk Management Framework and Operational Risk Framework for Capital Risk.
Communication and Reporting Abilities (Very Welcomed):
- Capability to construct detailed reports and presentations for senior internal forum, including PowerPoint proficiency.
- Experience in engaging with high level stakeholders in a clear, responsive, and professional manner.
- Head, Capital Management
- Regional Treasurers and Balance Sheet Management teams
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers