MY - Payroll, Assistant Manager
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
At Deloitte, our purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and the communities we serve.
We believe we have a responsibility to be a force for good, and WorldImpact is our portfolio of initiatives focused on making a tangible impact on society’s biggest challenges and creating a better future. We strive to advise clients on how to deliver purpose-led growth and embed more equitable, inclusive as well as sustainable business practices.
Hence, we seek talented individuals driven to excel and innovate, working together to achieve our shared goals.
We are committed to creating positive work experiences that foster a culture of respect and inclusion, where diverse perspectives are celebrated, and everyone is recognised for their contributions.
Ready to unleash your potential with us? Join the winning team now!
Work you’ll do
- Oversees the daily workflow and deadlines of the payroll team under supervision.
- Reviews the deliverables of the team for each payroll client within portfolio to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll data including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay-data and compliance with federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations and best practices.
- Undertakes new client onboarding and act as Project Manager for new payroll client implementation, set up and smooth payroll processing
- Facilitates payroll related audits by supervising the team in providing records and documentation to statutory bodies, Inland Revenue Dept etc
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll procedures and internal controls in accordance with best practices
- Works closely with clients and liaises with various government agencies such as Inland Revenue, EPF, SOCSO, HRDF etc
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We connect our purpose and shared values to identify issues as well as to make an impact that matters to our clients, people and the communities. Additionally, Assistant Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Actively seek out developmental opportunities for growth, act as strong brand ambassadors for the firm as well as share their knowledge and experience with others.
- Respect the needs of their colleagues and build up cooperative relationships.
- Understand the goals of our internal and external stakeholder to set personal priorities as well as align their teams’ work to achieve the objectives.
- Constantly challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver on tasks and take accountability for the results.
- Build productive relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence teams and other stakeholders.
- Offer insights based on a solid understanding of what makes Deloitte successful.
- Project integrity and confidence while motivating others through team collaboration as well as recognising individual strengths, differences, and contributions.
- Understand disruptive trends and promote potential opportunities for improvement.
- At least 5-7 years relevant experience in payroll processing
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Possess good time management and organizational skills
- Diligent, responsible and attention to detail is key with ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with payroll softwares.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorised Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.