Finance Analyst - Institutional Banking & Markets
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
IB&M Finance supports the business in providing financial control, financial analysis and insight, product control, regulatory accounting and related project and strategy implementation support.
Product Control a key part of IB&M Finance. It is a global team responsible for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business. Key functions include oversight of all daily P&L production and analysis including attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other special tasks of the business across the full product range.
The Product Controllers mandate is to maintain a strong control framework around daily P&L and financial reporting. In addition, developing relationships with Front Office & other stakeholder areas such as Risk and Operations will be a key success factor in order to promote the Product Control group as a trusted and respected business partner.
Do work that matters
As a product controller for the Rates business in Global Markets your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of daily P&L reports
- Analysis and interpretation of daily results in line with market moves, P&L drivers and risk positions including investigating variance to trader estimate and ensuring revenue attribution is accurate
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of product source system data interfacing the general ledger
- Balance sheet substantiation and month end ledger close
- Assistance in statutory and regulatory reporting
- Partnering Front Office on strategic desk initiatives
- Improving efficiency of controls and processes to add value to the business
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA qualification
- Good understanding of derivative products, including valuation concepts and methodologies
- Strong accounting skills with good working knowledge of relevant accounting standards
- Strong numeracy
- Basic knowledge of SQL and VBA is desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, delivering quality outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Outcome driven, ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills leading to openness, honesty and transparency at all times, ability to explain complex matters in simple terms
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 16/12/2023For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.