Director M&A Transformation & Turnaround
Description of the position
Press space or enter keys to toggle section visibility
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Do you want to combine a business mindset with financials skills? Do you want to work in a highly dynamic M&A environment? Do you want support companies in their goal to create value through M&A? You’re not alone. Join us in the M&A Operations team.
Your journey with us
Deloitte has been involved in most of the key M&A transactions in Belgium in recent years, assisting both private equity and corporate investors in making well-founded investment decisions.
As a result, we understand that companies need to look at how business operations and its equity story can be optimized in order to maximize deal value.
In order to support companies, the M&A Operations team provides quantitative and qualitative insights on business operations which link directly to transaction financials in multiple areas, from pre- or post- deal optimization opportunities, synergy gains, streamlined business plans with insights on growth potential, to understanding how a business will operate outside of the group after separation.
Our team works side by side with the Financial Advisory Transactions Services team in order to help investors make well-informed decisions based on the full financial and operational potential of their target.
As a Director M&A Operations, you - together with your team - will support our clients in their M&A endeavors. You advise medium to large corporations and investors at C-Level with the development and implementation of their growth or value creation strategy. You will make sure that you keep a holistic view on the end goal and cooperate together with the client to define where deal value can be created.
You will work on topics such as:
- Financial and operational due diligence, synergy and business plan reviews
- Carve-outs and post-merger integrations
- Cost reduction and performance improvement programs
What will you do:
Although each client and each engagement will be unique and present its own challenges, your activities will entail the following:
- Leading discussions and interviews with management, and collaborating with industry experts to gain deeper insights to support clients;
- Analysing complex financial, operational and market data in order to come to key conclusions which can be presented to the client in a simple way;
- Manage a team to make use of data and diagnostics to build (financial) factbooks to facilitate meaningful and fact driven discussions;
- Keeping a holistic view on the deliverables and how a story line should be communicated in a visual and straightforward way towards stakeholders;
- Managing and coordinating project’s deliverable towards a client;
- Pro-actively build client relationships, spotting business opportunities and engaging with the client with the support of the team;
- Building and shaping the M&A Operations team by developing new service offerings, coaching and recruiting team members and collaborating with (international) service lines leaders.
Let's talk about you:
- Minimum 10 years of experience within financial/strategy consulting, performance improvement/cost reduction or corporate finance management within a corporate (or equivalent);
- Preferably experience or exposure to M&A or otherwise strongly substantiated passion for M&A;
- MBA or a Master's degree in, for example, engineering, business or economics;
- Proven record of team and project management;
- Highly developed financial and business as well as commercial skills;
- Ability to manage and communicate clearly to multiple stakeholders;
- Ambition to be part of and pro-actively develop an ambitious growing team;
- Fluent in English with good knowledge of Dutch or French.
This is your opportunity to join our Deloitte Financial Advisory team. We are the global leader in integrated M&A Services. By cooperation between various specialists in M&A Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Value Creation/Growth & Turnaround, Restructuring, M&A Tax and Consulting, Deloitte provides integrated solutions for every transaction process. We define and execute growth strategies for our clients and guide them through every stage of a transaction, so they achieve their aspirations.Our Restructuring team drives value creation either from radical improvement in the performance of a company or a significant change in strategy and structure, be it financial and/or operational. In a Merger & Acquisition situation, we advise clients in realising their full post-deal value creation. Identifying and capturing synergies, convincing transition blueprints & plans, managing all stakeholders in a volatile or locked situation are critical elements in our role. Restructuring is working on the intersection between Corporate Finance and Strategy Consulting, focusing from pre- to post- M&A solutions. Restructuring rapidly creates significant & sustainable company value through radical improvements in different stages of corporate crisis.
Who is Deloitte?
World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+6000 dedicated professionals, active in +10 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you!We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energises you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered byMobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported byParents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered byEnergise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime.
Join us to make an impact together! Apply now!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.