Senior Finance Assistant
Senior Finance Assistant
£32,000 per annum
Hybrid - 3 days on-site minimum
Aviva DigiCare+ – Employee Annual health check, Digital GP, Mental Health Consultations, Nutritional Consultations, Second Medical Opinion
Exclusive Benefits & Wellbeing site (Perks at Work)
- Meals on duty
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Holiday Purchase scheme
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Assistant to join our team in our Defence sector at Compass Group UK & Ireland.
As a Senior Finance Assistant in Compass, you will work within a financially focussed team in understanding key drivers of the business and to support in driving improved business performance. Through effective business partnering, the role will continually improve service levels, cost effectiveness and add value to any commercial activities undertaken.
You will attend site and client meetings, deliver proactive ad-hoc financial analysis to support business unit decision making, understand financial risks and opportunities and understand and highlight the financial risks and opportunities arising from balance sheet maintenance.
As Senior Finance Assistant you will:
- Own and be responsible for pricing contract amendments.
- Maintain Commercial Pricing logs across 3 regions.
- Be responsible for the reconciliation of Contract Amendments.
- Support in the completion of new business financials, including modelling and scenario analysis.
- Support with updating and consolidating other contractual pricing mechanisms.
- Standardise pricing templates.
- Measure organic growth via contract amendments.
- Understand the risks and opportunities arising from Contract Amendments.
- Liaise with the finance team/operational team to enable accurate pricing.
- Liaise with the client, taking part in weekly meetings to resolve issues and track progress.
- Adhoc management accounting support where requested.
- Support Head of Finance with monthly business review preparation.
The successful Senior Finance Assistant will be inquisitive and confident in addition to the below:
- Be actively studying Accountant in CIMA/ACCA/ACA or the like with good experience in accounting roles
- Experienced in management accounting inclusive of accounting adjustments, producing reports/analysis to support commercial decision making
- Be analytical and with a high level of attention to detail
- Have experience of business partnering non-finance professionals to support the delivery of sound financial information
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and system skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Have the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Possess Excel Macros and VBA experience
- Be familiar with SAP and experience using analysis and reporting tools