Credit Review Analyst (Reporting - VBA, Power BI)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Part of an Independent function within the organization that conducts ongoing assessment and evaluation of credit exposures and credit risk management processes of Northern Trust Corporation (including subsidiaries). The role is critical to ensure that adequate controls over credit risk are in place and is a key component of a sound risk management system.
- Primary responsibility is to support Credit Review Management, Examiner-in-Charge (EIC) and examiners in their roles and assist in monitoring and analyzing the bank’s portfolio. Responsible for providing Credit Review management reports:
- Create management reports highlighting the overall quality of credit portfolio.
- Generate exam reports used in periodic, horizontal or supplemental reviews (aka as trial balance)
- Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
- The analyst will maintain excel based workbooks, and will make coding adjustments (VBA) where needed.
- Responsible for assisting Credit Review’s Continuous Monitoring process, which monitors the bank’s lending, counterparty and investment portfolios at least quarterly (or more frequently). Required to complete and submit a formal report to the Head of Risk Control.
- Under general direction of Credit Review Management or EIC (and training provided), participate in exams of the firm's various businesses, ensuring risk rating integrity, portfolio quality, completeness of loan documentation, credit policy adequacy and adherence. Recommends changes to management with written analysis of findings.
- Adhere to criteria outlined in the planning memo, including expected files per day pace, addressing areas of concerns / risks, etc.
- Confirm adherence to Corporate Credit policies, applicable guidelines, and regulations
- Linesheets should be complete and comprehensive noting the following (but not limited to) BR rationale, sources of repayment, borrower / guarantor financial performance, collateral analysis, credit monitoring requirements, loan documents and problem credit management (if applicable) etc.
- Ensure risk rating model inputs and outputs are accurate and present any findings to the business unit and EIC. Ensure consistent application of overrides.
- Evaluate the accuracy and appropriateness of the loan documentation and collateral. Any risk identified may result in the Borrower Rating consideration.
- Evaluates the portfolio management, including adherence to loan agreement covenants and is deemed prudent banking practices.
- Raise issues on assigned credits and report to the EIC and other responsible parties
- Communicate well with partners (both written and verbal communication)
- Works on projects and learning project management skills.
- Experience in using VBA, Power BI, queries, and reporting. Minimum 3 year of working experience in these areas.
- Strong analytical skills are required to read and interpret credit documentation and to identify potentially negative credit conditions.
- Proficient in excel
- Familiar with basic banking terminology (preferred)
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.