The Costing Analyst delivers finance cost accounting and inventory services to the entities assigned while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence and compliance.
- Support significantly larger and/or more complex entities that require a good understanding of the nature of the business and the economic environment in order to execute activities effectively.
- Coordinate the prompt and accurate recording of financial activities (e.g. daily/monthly stock reconciliation, material price variance and landed cost variance analysis, costing worksheet preparation, cost revaluation, balance sheet reconciliation, etc.) in line with relevant requirements, policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly assumption file for monthly revaluation changes and perform cost ledger/cost simulation/cost freeze in the relevant system.
- Prepares group transfer pricing with relevant analysis to explain the fluctuation of prices.
- Monitor open and overdue items and communicate and follow-up accordingly with the appropriate staff.
- Review reports generated by the fellow members to validate data and provide constructive input while ensuring submission in a timely manner.
- Resolve or further escalate any complex issues faced by junior analysts / interns and oversee and monitor their tasks as necessary.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders internally and externally as and when necessary.
- Support preparation of documents and adjustments for monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- May carry out supervisory responsibilities such as planning, assigning and directing work, and providing feedback and coaching to team members.
Essential Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience in manufacturing accounting with relevant knowledge in standard costing and inventory management.
- Proficiency in Chinese (written & verbal) is added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years of experience in leading, developing and coaching teams.
- Shared service centre experience.
- Oil and gas industry experience.
Why join us?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life! These benefits can include flexible working options, paid parental leave policy among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Accounting, Cost Accounting, Inventory Management
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.