Audit (Valuations) Associate/Senior
About this position
You will undertake specific stages of audit valuation work under supervision. You will learn to adjust the application of skills to improve the work tasks or solve non-complex issues. As an Associate/Senior, you will operate in a structured work environment. You build relationships, work in a team, and identify ethical issues with reference to the code of professional conduct and ethics. You will be able to select and apply from a range of known solutions to familiar problems and takes responsibility for his own learning and performance.
- Provide support to the audit engagement team in assessing working papers relating to the appropriateness of carrying amounts of assets/liabilities that are measured using fair value and/or recoverable values with reference to the financial reporting standards Posing questions on the valuation strategy, primary inputs and assumptions used by the management.
- Apply the relevant valuation related standards and guidelines consistent with the subject matter for the purpose of the valuation
- Able to perform or to be trained to execute the above, in relation to the applicable/relevant valuation-related standards and market practices/guidelines, concerning the appropriateness of the fair worth or recoverable value(s) of businesses, intellectual property, financial instruments, etc.
- Assist the audit engagement team in their course of work to clearly articulate the rationales for the valuation conclusions as and when necessary.
- Other ad-hoc projects that may require your involvement
- Relevant Finance or Audit background
- Candidates with 1 – 2 years of relevant experience will be considered for the Senior role
- Familiar with common valuation methodologies and approaches
- Commendable analytical, technical, project management and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently as well as a team player
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.