Public Sector - Assistant Manager
Mazars is an engine for rapid and consistent career progression, offering individually designed career paths that help you pursue your interests, match your changing needs, and explore your true potential. We work with diverse, prestigious clients across a range of sectors and geographies, giving you the opportunity to constantly update and grow your skills for lifelong professional development.
Our specialist public services team provides distinctive audit and advisory services across six sectors – local government, central government, health and social care, education, housing and charities.
About the role
- Assisting and advising the audit team on the formulation of audit strategy and planning.
- Managing and controlling audit assignments from planning through to finalisation of reports in line with agreed timescales.
- Acting as a point of contact for engagement leads and clients, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
- Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team and complete audit file presented with review points cleared.
- Draft the audit opinion summary for the Manager and Partner and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
- Leading and supervising an audit team, allocating work to team members and ensuring the team complete work to quality standards and in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
- ACA / CA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of leading external audits from planning through to completion.
- Relevant public services sector audit experience.
- Up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP / FRS102 and IFRS.
- Experience of managing, training and coaching audit trainees.
Mazars is a leading international professional services firm delivering exceptional quality in audit, accounting, tax, financial advisory, outsourcing and consulting.
We are one diverse, multicultural, multi-generational team with a huge sense of connection and belonging. This is a place where you can take ownership of your career, get involved, believe in yourself and put your ideas into action.
At Mazars, we celebrate individuality and thrive on teamwork. We give people the freedom to make a personal contribution to our shared purpose. We support one another to deliver quality, create change and make an impact so that everyone can reach their full potential.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self. To read more about our approach click here
Our aim is to make the recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible - please contact us to discuss any changes you may require so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.
Please click on the 'Apply Here' button to submit an application
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.