GL Accountant - Financial Controller – Associate
As a Financial Controller Associate, you will be responsible for the General Ledger month end close process for the Global HR sector, ensuring the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm’s books and records in the area of compensation and benefits. Among your main tasks will be: General Ledger entries, Balance Sheet reconciliation and substantiation, reporting, performing internal controls, as well as participation in internal & external audit.
The Financial Controller function is primarily focused on ensuring and improving the organization's credibility through accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting with an emphasis on integrity of General Ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business.
- Execute end-to-end month end close process, including posting to the General Ledger and variance analysis on the P&L and Balance Sheet accounts,
- Communicate and resolve material variances between the General Ledger and upstream systems, as defined by line of business and in collaboration with the correct stakeholders,
- Ensure the post-close accuracy and validity of General Ledger accounts, including execution of the Balance Sheet reconciliation and substantiation process in adherence to the applicable standards,
- Ensure adherence to operating procedures and internal controls owned by Financial Controllers,
- Support internal & external audit activities and inquiries,
- Identify and implement opportunities for efficiency in the owned processes.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,
- 3+ years of related General Ledger experience including month end close responsibilities,
- Strong analytical skills and experience with financial reporting,
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Able to multi-task in a constantly changing environment,
- Able to build and maintain partnerships within the various product aligned businesses and across other corporate financial, treasury, and accounting groups.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- SAP experience is an advantage,
- Excellent desktop/spreadsheet/database skills.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.