Senior Finance Associate - Financial Accounting
Join a team that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility, and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and tools to help you execute your job.
You will be part of a dynamic new business with many opportunities to enhance both your skills, career development and experiences. You will also have the opportunity to learn from other high performing individuals within the EY team as well as benefit from leading edge training and materials to help in your development.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Audited Financial Statements - Annual
- Preparation of individual audited financial statements (AFS) based on client’s guidelines and Group proforma.
- To assists in the year-end Group consolidation activities (if any).
- Preparation of audit schedules, and to ensure disclosures in the AFS are presented in accordance with the relevant accounting standards.
- To ensure timely preparation and review of management reports, financial statements and other financial information (including detailed analysis) in accordance with the timeline set by the Group and management.
- To ensure timely submission of financial statements to the related Business Units within the Group.
- To work closely with the auditors in order to finalize the audit and AFS in a timely manner.
Monthly closing and Reporting –
Provision of Record-to-Report (R2R) services for production of financial statements timely and accurately in compliance with applicable accounting standards and regulatory requirements for presentation to stakeholders
R2R activities includes but are not limited to the followings:
- Posting and review journal entries and account reconciliation, including maintenance of master data of General Ledger and Work Breakdown Structure and maintenance of Chart of Accounts.
- Planning and execution of period end accounts closing and consolidation activities, including resolution of accounting treatment, process and system issues.
- Manage the preparation and finalization of financial statements and other relevant financial reports and analysis as required by stakeholders.
- Manage the preparation and consolidation of Our client’s, Business Units & Group of Subsidiaries’ financial results.
- Preparation of entity and Group year-end audit for finalization and approval by respective Leadership Teams (LT), Board Audit Committees (BAC) and Board of Directors (BOD).
- Prepare review and provide insights and valuable analysis for reporting at the respective subsidiary’s LT, BAC and BOD
Fixed Assets Management, Project Accounting & Insurance – Daily
- Perform asset recognition and maintenance of asset recording, accounting, and reporting including capitalization into assets upon completion.
- Perform and coordinate Fixed Assets management, including verification exercise, assets disposal and asset impairment assessment.
- Provide financial inputs on assets to be insured to Insurance Unit, Group Risk Management.
- Preparation of monthly income tax provision and deferred tax.
- Provide advisory services on matters pertaining to tax accounting.
- Provide related party transactions data or other relevant financial information for Transfer Pricing documentation.
Cost Management - Monthly
- Provide input for cost management and cost effectiveness analysis.
- Implement cost allocation process.
Skills And Attributes for Success
- Excellent analytical, good advisory and writing skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects, as well as being deadline-driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - comfortable to work across borders with a wide network of people
- Coordination and prioritization, resourceful and analytical, independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Numerate and detail oriented and working with large amount of data
- Good understanding on Finance processes and technology
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification in Accounting, Management Information System, Information Technology, Finance or equivalent
- Professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA & ACCA) is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in deep functional finance operations
- Flexibility to undertake assignments at client’s premise, and open to contractual employment arrangement
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a professional commercial environment or in the Oil & Gas industry (Upstream, New Energy, Downstream)
- Experience in SAP systems
- Experience in Power BI is an added advantage
What We Look For
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, manage a team and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What Working at EY Offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), as needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.