Purchase-to-Pay (Assistant Manager) - Payments - Mandarin Speaker
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF
Objectives of the Position
- Provide Accounts Payable's payment process related support to deliver AP services to BASF companies in Asia Pacific in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that timelines and quality are met within the service levels agreements.
Main TasksFunctional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- To monitor P2P RISK MONITOR (RM) by ensuring SPOT Checks level A&X, and Potential Duplicate Postings are strictly being checked and confirmed daily. To ensure overall RM checks are cleared and completed before last day of the month/document due date.
- Work closely with respective team (eg: invoicing team) to reduce the SPOT and duplicate check error rate.
- Ensure SPOT check and duplicate error root cause is identified and correction action is in place.
- To process payment proposal run for intercompany including co process, preliminary and final report based on timeline.
- To ensure task are performed completely within timeline and before bank cut off time.
- To further investigate on the (technical) root cause of payment/cheque returned and coordinate/liaise with related parties such as BSSCKL PSP, P2P, HRS, MD, BASF users, vendor and local finance to rectify the error and propose preventive measure
- To support local business/ local finance and BSSCKL internal in urgent payment handling on stipulated deadline.
- To perform month end process ie: reconciliation of bank statement for outgoing payment including auto debit, direct debit, manual payment and payment proposal. To liaise closely with local business if needed.
- To be responsible in mailbox management for the team for email allocation and ensure cleanliness of country’s folder
- To collaborate and engage local business/local finance & Regional Treasury Team on topics related to funding, local bank requirements and policies.
- Be the Key person/ focal person to liaise with banks in payment rejection/payment failure related matters
- To coordinate, support transition/projects activities and perform testing and ensure timeliness in completion of testing
- To support centralized audit activities whenever required including system demo and provide required documentation and samples, attend to audit queries etc.
- To response to payment related queries or concerns from local business/local finance, BSSCKL internal and vendors
- To act as back up to team members/Senior Analyst and perform payment task as when required.
- To ensure processes are complying to BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, bank/ legal and statutory requirements.
- To ensure high level of awareness of the latest fraud trends especially phishing call and email, and ensure information sharing among team members. Be the first focal point to analyze the situation, in case of any doubtful or suspicious payment related incident.
- Actively identify and recommend new idea / solutions to Specialist/Expert & Managers for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Actively involves in RPA/VBA/VBS related activity to promote and implement process improvement.
- Execute the implementation of continuous improvement framework in hub
- Drive process streamline & standardization
- Working closely with functional expert/specialist trouble shooting system, process issues, agreeing right level of escalation and work on root cause analysis and implement mitigating actions.
- Act as AP Digital Assistant to improve AP performance indicators and turn AP team into a strategic and data-driven position
- Perform routine update to Accounts Payable documentation (e.g. Work Instruction, Process Definition, Job Aid&< Knowledge Management) when required
- Support Functional Trainings by standing in as presenter
- Support existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resource, knowledge and experience and best practice thereby ensuring quality is maintained through any staff transition.
- Support regional and global project improvements activity e.g. involve in User Acceptance Test and Training
- Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and excellent customer service.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with customers to ensure that solutions are adopted, implemented and maintained appropriately.
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group and/or BSSCKL:
- Counterparts in local company and end-users
Education & Working Experience:
- Diploma / Degree in accounting, finance or business administration, with 2 to 5 years relevant work experience.
- Reputable Knowledge and understanding of P2P and accounting functions.
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing will be preferable
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Proficiency in English with good communication and writing skills
- Experience working in an SAP work environment
- Preferably with additional language skill. Eg: Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnam (optional based on portfolio)
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools, CONCUR, SAP system or another ERP system
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement preferred.
- Experience working in an MNC or Malaysian Public listed company.
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.