Purchase-to-Pay (Associate Analyst) - Payment
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF!
Objectives of the Position
- Provide Accounts Payable's payment process-related support to deliver AP services to BASF companies in Asia Pacific in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), and local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that timelines and quality are met within the service level agreements.
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- To monitor P2P RISK MONITOR by ensuring SPOT Checks samples are strictly checked and completed before the last day of the month/document due date.
- Work closely with respective team (eg: invoicing team) to reduce the SPOT and duplicate check error rate.
- Ensure SPOT check and duplicate error root cause is identified and correction action is in place.
- To monitor and manage domestic payment methods e.g. Bank acceptance draft
- To support forex payment (trade and non-trade) compliance check documentation e.g. tax clearance documents, customs clearance, shipping documents, and invoice copy.
- To process payment proposals run for 3rd Party vendors and employee vendors & intercompany based on country requirements and schedule (daily and weekly and schedule)
- To ensure task are performed completely within timeline and before bank cut-off time.
- To ensure Manual Payment Instruction (APOB) is cleared or vendor open item is blocked before payment proposal run.
- To monitor payment traffic/Global Payment System (GPS) status and bank rejection once the proposal is executed.
- To ensure payment transaction is successfully transferred to the bank. In case of GPS rejection, to perform immediate corrective action and execute additional payment to ensure on-time payment, if required.
- To prepare and perform manual payment, free format instruction (FFI), and obtain bank approval from authorizers before bank cut-off time
- To download bank slips from the bank portal and save them in shared drive upon payment execution.
- To liaise closely with bank authorizers in handling online bank transaction (manual payments, local bank, free format instruction) is and ensure timely approvals
- To support local business/ local finance and BSSCKL internal in urgent payment handling on stipulated deadline
- To attend request or inquiry on Account Payable especially payment-related queries via payment functional mailbox, AP Service Desk, and Payable Query mailboxes
- To support vendor management team (if required) in attending calls from 3rd party vendors, external parties as well and BASF users in payment-related queries
- Be the Key person/ focal person to liaise with banks in payment rejection/payment failure-related matters
- To support transition/projects activities and perform testing, whenever necessary
- To support centralized audit activities whenever required including system demos provide required documentation and samples, and attend to audit queries, etc.
- To response to payment-related queries or concerns from local business/local finance, BSSCKL internal and vendors
- To act as backup to team members and perform payment task as when required.
- To ensure processes comply to BASF policies & guideline, local company’s policy, bank/ legal, and statutory requirements.
- To maintain awareness of the latest fraud trends especially phishing call and email. Ensure that all the emails sent/received are to/from accurate email addresses and avoid revealing company details to unknown callers.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Identify and recommend new idea/solutions to Specialist/Expert and managers for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Perform routine update to Accounts Payable documentation (e.g. Work Instruction, Process Definition, Job Aid&Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.