Graduate Business Services Accountant
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Mazars in Australia recently won the 2020 Accountants Daily Awards for Network of the Year and Professional Development Program of the Year. You will not find a better environment to achieve your full potential!
As a graduate in our Business Services division, you will provide support to all members of the team to ensure that the delivery of client, tax and accounting services are completed smoothly and efficiently. Professional development and learning form an integral part of the role.
- Preparation of Income Tax Returns with a focus on increasing knowledge (for example, around areas such as rental properties, CGT and shares) and with a view to reduce amendments. A view towards increasing knowledge with the eventual aim of completing basic Financial Statements.
- Bookkeeping duties performed with a high attention to detail and with a developing understanding of all bookkeeping functions. A focus on developing basic skills associated with various software platforms, for example MYOB and Xero.
- Preparation of BAS’s and IAS’s with a view towards reducing amendments.
- Preparation of clear, specific, well presented and easy to understand workpapers. Drafting of queries in a professional and concise manner with only minor amendments.
- Communicating with the ATO in relation to basic client matters (e.g. setting up payment arrangements, obtaining remissions, lodging due date extension, etc.).
- Preparation of client correspondence and the collation of tax items with a high attention to detail. Prompt and collaborative communication with administrative members to achieve the collective goal of providing high quality results for clients.
- Completion of research for tax, company and superannuation law matters, subject to the review of a senior.
- Is positive and committed to learning
- Enjoys challenging work
- Has a strong desire to achieve
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Has the ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Can present a positive image of Mazars to clients both on and offsite
- Completion of recent or upcoming Commerce related degree
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work within teams
- Strong career aspirations within the accountancy profession
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
We believe that Mazarians should be rewarded for the work that they do and so we offer a range of financial and non-financial benefits to support and reward our people. At our Brisbane location you can expect the following:
- International and domestic mobility opportunities
- Inner city location
- Wellbeing program
- Flu vaccinations
- Learning and development programs
- Social club activities charity and community events
- Study assistance to achieve CA/CPA qualifications (financial support & study leave)
- Social club activities and vibrant culture
- A diverse and inclusive team environment
- Flexible working
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave
- Discounts on banking & insurance - health insurance - retail and entertainment - health and well-being
- Casual dress code