Associate Director – Financial Services Audit
We are Grant Thornton. We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has nearly 3,000 people in 9 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 145 countries around the world, and a global network of over 68,000 people.
At GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future.
Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
We, FS Audit are looking to expand our team due to our exponential growth. This position will give you exposure to some exciting industries such as Banking, Asset Management, Funds and Insurance whilst also giving you the opportunity to collaborate with clients both locally and globally. We are looking for passionate individuals, who are self-motivated, capable of using their own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete audit engagements for a diverse portfolio of clients.
- Project management - take responsibility for managing a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Promotion and oversight of quality audit work on your client engagements
- Management of client relationships
- Supervising and training junior members of the team to ensure that Grant Thornton’s standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process
- Preparation and presentation of business tenders in order to develop and grow your client portfolio
- Working capital management – manage work in progress and billings
- Client fee negotiation
- Taking full responsibility for managing and reviewing the work of the audit team
Skills and attributes:
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience
- Experience in Funds and/or SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle)
- Strong technical skills (Irish GAAP and auditing standards. IFRS experience an advantage but not essential);
- Electronic auditing experience ability to motivate and manage staff under tight deadlines
- Ability to make professional judgements based on findings
- Portfolio management experience
- Strong attention to detail and analytical assessment
- Experience working as part of a team supporting others
- Commercial awareness
- Experience gained in a Big 4 accounting firm would be advantageous
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.