Finance Transformation - Director BC
Business Consulting– Director, Finance Transformation
EY is expanding its Consulting practice in Ireland and we are seeking to recruit for a key leadership position in our Business Consulting Finance (BS Finance) team.
Our BC Finance team assists clients in building Finance functions that are business-focused, cost-effective and agile in meeting the needs of all their stakeholders. We also work with clients across different industry sectors to develop and enhance Global Business Services solutions to deliver standardised, end-to-end processes across multi-disciplinary support functions.
Key to many of our Finance Transformation engagements is the identification, evaluation and deployment of the right technology to support our clients’ business agenda. In particular, this involves intertwining our Finance and Shared Services portfolio with other offerings like cyber security, analytics, RPA and digital technologies.
We are seeking an experienced consulting professional who will drive the continued growth of our Finance Transformation services in Ireland – both by developing a portfolio of business built on valued relationships with external clients and growing an EY team with specialised skills in this area to meet our clients’ needs.
As a Director for our Finance Transformation services, you will be required to:
- Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks including the development of relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs
- Lead business development and client pursuit efforts with a strong insight of the market and past sales record of having won new business and developed existing accounts
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on Finance matters and stay abreast of emerging business and industry trends relevant to our clients’ business, such as Business Analytics, Robotic Process Automation and Managed Services
- Effectively lead delivery of client engagements, including:
- Managing and motivating client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Manage expectations of client service delivery
- Demonstrate expertise and in-depth technical capabilities in the areas of Finance operations and processes; Finance operating models; Global Business Services and Finance technologies
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment and play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organisation
- Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge and possess good business acumen
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ relevant experience. Key areas of experience include previous consulting experience and experience within Finance Reporting (VPM) and Finance Process & Automation
- MBA, ACCA/ACA/CIMA and/or PMP/Prince2 qualification
- Strong market focus with ability to identify and build new opportunities and client relationships and a proven ability to write and shape proposals
- Experience managing senior stakeholders, providing constructive challenge and robust advice to the senior management including C-suite. Development of strategic Finance and IT relationships with C-suite decision makers
- Experience across the complete lifecycle of Transformation projects, from concept through execution and ongoing operations
- Excellent Technology knowledge and experience, covering current trends and best practice Consulting, complemented by strong Finance functional and operations understanding
- Characteristics of a forward thinker and self-motivator that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage a team of junior consulting professionals
EY, an equal opportunities employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
Who Are EY?
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Consulting services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
Why join EY?
Market leading growth
- We're a business with market-leading growth, and this is set to continue. We have a clear vision, big ambitions and a bolder purpose than ever before. It all means growth and opportunities for you and our clients.
- Entrepreneurial spirit delivers market-leading growth. That’s why we empower our people to innovate and act with flexibility. We’re developing people to lead, manage and deliver ambitious growth, and tackle the most complex, critical and rewarding challenges for our clients.
- The success of EY, our clients and our people, is built on having employees from a huge variety of backgrounds working together in high-performing teams. We're creating the working culture of tomorrow: it's more flexible, more inclusive, globally connected and driven by a purpose - to build a better working world.