Director - ISG Operations Audit (Internal Audit)
We're seeking someone to join our Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Operations audit as a Director. The person in the role will assist the audit team in completing its annual audit plan, communicating with senior management, and providing recommendations for improvements.
In the Audit division, we provide senior management an objective and independent assessment of the Firm's internal control environment for risk management and governance. This is a Director level position within Business Audit, which is responsible for inspecting controls in front, middle, and back offices
Morgan Stanley is an industry leader in financial services, known for mobilizing capital to help governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world achieve their financial goals.
At Morgan Stanley India, we support the Firm’s global businesses, with critical presence across Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Investment management, as well as in the Firm’s infrastructure functions of Technology, Operations, Finance, Risk Management, Legal and Corporate & Enterprise Services. Morgan Stanley has been rooted in India since 1993, with campuses in both Mumbai and Bengaluru. We empower our multi-faceted and talented teams to advance their careers and make a global impact on the business. For those who show passion and grit in their work, there’s ample opportunity to move across the businesses.
Interested in joining a team that's eager to create, innovate, and make an impact on the world? Read on.
What you'll do in the role:
- Formulate and lead a wide range of assurance activities to assess risks within coverage area and the state of controls in place to mitigate them
- Proactively identify risk and emerging risk, and factor into assurance coverage
- Articulate actionable insights to management regarding criticality and impact of risks to the business
- Effectively partner with colleagues and stakeholders globally to drive effective working relationships
- Align projects and initiatives with department and coverage area priorities, and oversee team's execution of deliverables in accordance with audit methodology and quality standards
What you'll bring to the role:
- At least 8 years' relevant experience would generally be expected to find the skills required for this role
- Advanced knowledge of industry, global markets and regulations relevant to coverage area
- Strong understanding of audit principles, methodology, tools and processes (e.g., risk assessments, planning, testing, reporting and continuous monitoring)
- Ability to articulate risk and impact clearly and succinctly to different audiences
- Effective change and project management techniques and ability to support teams in adapting new ways of working
- Ability to leverage and analyze data to inform focus and views on risk
- Ability to coach and mentor others and create an inclusive work environment for team
- Good understanding of the middle office Operations activities supporting institutional line of business.
We are committed to maintaining the first-class service and high standard of excellence that have defined Morgan Stanley for over 85 years. At our foundation are five core values — putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas, committing to diversity and inclusion, and giving back — that guide our more than 80,000 employees in 1,200 offices across 42 countries.
At Morgan Stanley, you’ll find trusted colleagues, committed mentors, and a culture that values diverse perspectives, individual intellect and cross-collaboration. We Firm is differentiated by the caliber of our diverse team. While our company culture and commitment to inclusion define our legacy and shape our future, helping to strengthen our business and bring value to clients around the world. Learn more about how we put this commitment to action: morganstanley.com/diversity.
We are proud to support our employees and their families at every point along their work-life journey, offering some of the most attractive and comprehensive employee benefits and perks in the industry.Coverage
- Monday to Friday from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time-sensitive matters.
- Periodic evening calls with US and EMEA Internal Auditors and auditees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.