ETIC, Senior Finance Analyst(R2R) - Senior Associate
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.
Job Description & Summary
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 152 countries with more than 328,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview:
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 10,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Corporate Culture & Working Environment:
Our culture is one of inclusivity and care, where we respect each other and our differences. It's one that supports collaboration, teamwork and innovation and one that embraces difference. We support everyone having a voice and feeling empowered to challenge the status quo, bringing new ideas to the table.
As PwC staff, you will have the chance to collaborate across level, line of services, and global network. Not only in terms of work, get involved too in firm-wide events.
Line of Service and Overview:
Managed Services is the delivery and execution business within PwC, providing operational solutions for clients. It brings the best of PwC’s advisory capabilities, our technology expertise and our operational delivery to help clients solve complex problems.
The Record to Report Senior Finance Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of Finance Managed Service operations for the Finance Service Tower. This includes processing of finance transactions and production of required reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As a Record to Report Senior Finance analyst, you will work across one or more core R2R report processes, delivering these activities for customers of PwC:
Intercompany & Balance sheet Reconciliations
- Reconciliation of AR / AP statements for all counter parties
- Meet the month end close timelines for reconciliations.
- Act as a point of contact for internal & external relationships
- Ensure all Intercompany transactions for the period are properly accounted for in the same period before month close
- Deal with transactions of higher value, handles critical, escalated and more complex customer issues.
- Reconciliation of GL as related to AP & AR
- Report reconciliation statement results and resolutions to management.
- Identify areas of process improvements, report to management, implement change.
- Review, investigate and resolve all mismatches in Hyperion / other consolidation system.
- reparation of Intercompany AR & AP intercompany confirmation statement, email to relevant stakeholders & obtain confirmation from counter parties.
- Ability to understand & analyze COA setup & impact of changes to the reconciliation cycle.
- Performs all necessary reconciliations with adherence to the policy and other guidelines in place.
Period Close, Consolidation and Reporting (IFRS and Accounting Standard Knowledge)
- Ensure that all required pre- reporting transactions and journal entries are posted in line with procedure(s) and authorization policy/policies in place and within deadline(s) agreed for the account
- Performed all necessary reconciliations with adherence to the policy and other guidelines in place.
- Prepare, Review and finalize reports pack: financial, management/ statistical / governmental accurately and within deadlines set by the client
- Perform reports / analyses required by the client are compiled within deadlines announced / agreed and with respective attention to quality.
- Facilitate the production of financial reporting information to auditors, Client personnel, and third parties, as authorized by Client.
Specialized Accounting Tasks
- Ensure all Capital Authorization Requests (CAR) are tracked, maintained & monitored throughout the life of the project.
- Provide status update on all projects at regular frequencies, as agreed with the client.
- Set up projects in ERP and move item to the Fixed Assets module.
- Track the completion of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Track cost over runs by CAR based on agreed % and obtain commentary from business units / departments.
- Timely and accurately capitalization of Projects
Fixed Assets Accounting
- Perform updates and maintain new and existing capital and non-capital fixed assets including asset identification tagging,
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Coordinates transfer of equipment's and updates the assets module with each transfer.
- Reconciles fixed assets module with related fixed assets general ledger and coordinates any variances with relevant fixed assets accounting staff.
- Run depreciation for all fixed assets as per agreed timelines.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations
- Perform fixed assets close process.
- Prepare and distribute fixed asset management reports, as well as statistical analysis each month.
- Ensure timely and accurate transfer of account data to General Ledger
- Ensures all payroll related transactions are reconciled and posted accurately and timely.
- Collaborate with multiple and cross functional stakeholders to identify exceptions and resolve the same on timely basis
- Ensure Payroll booking and coordinate with Payment team for timely payroll disbursement.
- Ensure timely input of deductions, recoveries and adjustment required to done from payroll.
- Ensure timely and accurately settlement of Full and final settlement.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies, Tax guidelines and other internal control procedures.
- Ensure timely input to tax team for payroll tax compliance.
- Ensure timely and accurately booking of Payroll taxed, accruals and Payroll Journals
FP&A (Financial Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting)
- Understand the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes, objectives, inputs, outputs and process business rules
- Understand variance analysis, driver-based reporting and process business rules
- Analyze business performance and financial data
- Produce and report timely and accurate financial analyses at the appropriate level of detail to enable business decisions
- Expertly use technical applications to produce management reporting (both ad-hoc and system-generated as required)
- Understand relevant data models
- Ability to analyze and mine insights from large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data using available tools & techniques
- Consider historical, driver-based and known future business events and data to accurately provide information on a consistent and timely schedule
- Adjust, model and review predictive and advanced analytical models, techniques and data to produce baseline planning, budgets, and forecasts
- Perform initial quantitative variance analysis and learn to detect patterns over time
- Create and maintain technical documents to describe programmed development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
- Ability to analyze system logs , Bug fixing
- Collaborate with business teams
- Foster and champion transformation and corporate initiative support, execution and, where appropriate, early adoption within the finance function
FP&A (Performance Reporting)
- Generate Reports
- Collaborate with users
- Ensure checks and reviews independently.
- Create & update user guides and manuals
PwC will provide you with relevant training, support and coaching to effectively complete your role.
- Good Accounting skills
- good data entry skills, Analytical skills, good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in Statutory accounting & reporting.
- Knowledge of IFRS or Local GAAP for management, financial & statutory
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Minimum 3-4 years of professional experience, ideally having worked with a diverse portfolio of people, process and technology with a leading firm, preferably in the Middle East region
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business Management / Administration or equivalent
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.