Purchase-to-Pay (Senior Analyst) - Mandarin Speaker
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF!
Objectives of the Position
Organization of own service delivery unit, team's work planning, backup arrangement to ensure service are delivered in accordance with established processes and work procedures.
- 60% - team management (consult team members on tasks assigned; Jour Fixes, portfolio assignment and ensure back-up schedule)
- 20% - Daily business (back-up) - jumping tasks due to unplanned leaves (Sick/ emergency leave and when regular back-up plan does not work).
- 10% - Process improvements (standardization & harmonization, simplifications, best practices and quick win).
- 5% - Knowledge Facilitator (ensure comprehensive knowledge transfer, buddy system, functional trainings, collaborate with KC)
- 5% - First escalation layer for business partners. Guide and develop team's knowledge to meet expected service standards through structured job training.
- Guide and develop team's knowledge to meet service standards expected through structured and on the job training.
- Lead issue resolutions and act as advisory of own service delivery topic together with local business partners, internal stakeholders, global counterparts.
- Act as the first escalation point in daily operational issues/queries within own's unit. Escalate as and when issues required extra and special attention.
- Identify area for process optimization and harmonization of own profile assigned and aligned with other team specialists.
- Ensure team’s operational processes and procedures in full compliance with BASF requirements, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC), local legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure service delivery meet targets defined in service level agreement and KPIs for process efficiency, effectiveness and quality control.
- Support Manager in employee development and talent identification.
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Ensuring technical, process and systems support are delivered for P2P invoices and Inter-company transaction/reconciliation team by monitoring the processes, and ensuring quality in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness daily.
- Monitoring all activities in P2P function are delivered within the given time frame
- Responsible for team administration, coaching & development, resource hiring & executing right people at right place for delivering top-notch P2P services in BSSCKL.
- Be the 2nd level contact point of escalation or/and in assisting both internal and external customers with questions or problems associated with P2P queries.
- Act as the 1st back-up of P2P Manager for certain functions such as monthly operation meetings and other projects as required by senior management.
- Ensure compliance and internal control by Monitoring P2P Risk Monitor (Overdue Posting, Posting Without Approval, Parked Document)
- Ensure Down payment Quality Check is performed daily to avoid double payment
- Monitor netting is carried out as per BASF SE schedule every month to release documents blocked for pay first dispute later monthly (only Intercompany Team)
- Monitor block invoice report to ensure payment on time to vendor.
- Manage & monitor GRIR difference charged out to ensure financial statement is accurate and up to date
- Ensuring month end closing adhering to P2P global guideline
- Generates month end reports for management review
- Participate in compliance audits (FRC, ISO & Statutory) and respond to audit findings/queries in timely manner
- Back up for updating all WI and PD for Manager review to meet FRC and ISO requirements.
- Ensure delivery execution follows BASF policies, local company legal and statutory requirements and credit policies.
- Support implementation of P2P policies based on guideline according to regional and global standard
- Assist and support team members by sharing knowledge & best practices and acting as a mentor to them
- Supervise and review the work of Analyst & Senior Analyst to ensure compliance with the predefined process description and customer centricity mindset.
Other Key Tasks
- Monitoring of Open items in P2P responsible G/L control account ie GRIR, GCCC, Discount
- Stakeholders management in P2P Community ie. Regional Core team meeting and Local core team meeting.
- Support, troubleshoot to provide sustainable solution and close open item in Care to Connect (We Care) monthly call.
- Monitoring & analysing of open items in Frafosch (Freight management) and liaising with MA team in correcting the wrong bookings
- Support Manager to plan and implement P2P process improvements to strengthen controls, maximize system resources and improve efficiency and productivity
Planning and Controlling
- Support to manage costs within budgeted expenditures and guidelines.
- Allocate resources and responsibilities across team members in own profile to deliver business result.
- Hold regular team meetings, staff briefing sessions and individual reviews to ensure group and/or individual’s issues are recognized and resolved in a timely and orderly manner in the context of new process and project.
- Continuously guide, develop and motivate team to meet service standards expected through structured training and on the job coaching thereby achieving the expected delivery service quality.
- Allocate resources and responsibilities for projects to Senior Analysts in the team to deliver project milestone.
- Regular catch-up for update and input on project development and issues with Experts and Snr. Analysts.
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Identify, recommend and implement continuous improvement opportunities in quality and efficiency to support smooth implementation.
- Prepare and review training materials and conduct functional trainings when required with the coordination by Knowledge Coordinator
- Assist to coordinate, monitor and compile Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to improve productivity within own team
- Support the implementation of Business Continuity Plan (BCP) through resource planning, backup and communication.
- Such other tasks as BSSCKL management and changing business environment may require to be performed.
Leadership, Cooperation & Supervision
- Provide professional guidance, coaching and support to the team members within own team.
- Delegates work and assign tasks to others in the team.
- Supports Manager in day to day supervisory tasks of the team.
- Assume Manager’s role during his/her absence.
- Supervise a team of 8-13 people. Professional guidance / multiple reporting lines
- Provide guidance, coaching and support to the team members of Purchase to Pay team.
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group and/or BSSCKL
- End-users of the local company, other BSSCKL Finance Services team, and other regions if necessary.
- Senior Managers, Managers, Analysts and peers across functions and within the organization.
Frequent cooperation outside BASF Group
- Work closely with various stakeholders e.g. Vendors, external auditors or consultants.
Degree of Supervision requirement
- Ability in working independently with high responsibility and self-motivation
Education & Working Experience
- Degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- More than 5 years’ experience in Finance and Accounting including 1 - 2 years of experience in supervising a team.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of P2P and accounting functions.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge in standard Microsoft Office software (word, excel, power point)
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin required with good communication in verbal, writing and interpersonal skills with high customer focus. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP system, Chrome River Helios and Happay is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- Knowledge in programing or scripting are an added advantage but not mandatory
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in an MNC or Malaysian Public listed company
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at our website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.